Want my funds back from MaxCFD.

Jamboree

Recruit
I have been scammed by MAXCFD! I opened an account with them after hearing about bitcoin and went to take a look on the internet, silly enough I entered my details and before I knew I received a call from them skilful enough to convince me to pay out a registration fee of £250 to start with. Only the second day I received a another call and advising me that I will have a personal broker that will be dealing on my behalf. I received a call from them to introduce themselves and there and then they managed to convince me to deposit another £6000 regrettably although they initially asked for £10,000!
It was only after that, that I decide to have a little search and I found out that they were total scammers! This broker called me again asking for more money saying that there is an opportunity that has just come up and is like no other. I refused and said I have no more. I was very patient not to request the money back as I wanted to be very civil and ask for it back saying I have changed my mind and that I am aware that I can request it back as you have traded with it more than 30-40 times. This was their condition at the start assuring me that I can change my mind and request a refund provided that they have traded with the money 30-40 times.
This is when Ryan that was supposed to be my personal broker kicked off and refused totally to issue any refunds. He kept me hanging saying that he would get in touch with his supervisor and try but nothing happened. I received another call from Ryan 3 weeks down the line asking me to deposit more money! I was furious and told them that they are scammers. I was in touch with their head office explaining all of this but they said they cannot do anything without me completing the rest of my paper work which they wanted me to sign as this would verify my account. I refused and to date nothing has been refunded. Today I went to log in and I found that they have changed my password for the account they setup for me which means I now have no access at all. I am requesting my money back and reported this. Please advise further if I could do anymore about this.

Account ID: 2142327

Many thanks.

1) Leave a review of your experience here on their review page: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/14112/maxcfd-forex-brokers
2) Contact MaxCFD and invite them to this thread.

Unfortunately, since MaxCFD has already been marked as a scam, you are ineligible from filing trader's court case. You can still reach out to regulators, local police, etc, although it is unlikely you will receive any reimbursement.

edit: how did you make the deposit? If it is by credit/debit card, you can initiate a chargeback based on fraud.

Last edited:
Hi
Yes I deposited via bank card
But I want to get a refund from them. They are scammers and need to be reported and need to stop what they are doing to people.
How they are allowed to operate like this it is unreal and very sad.
How can I invite them to this thread please ?
Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Hi
Yes I deposited via bank card
But I want to get a refund from them. They are scammers and need to be reported and need to stop what they are doing to people......

You deposited the entire £250 + £6,000 on bank credit/debit card?
Was it Visa/Mastercard/AmEx/Discover?

In any case, you can immediately initiate chargeback proceedings based on fraud. You can do this yourself. And I believe there is a service called WinChargeback that advertises on these forums. Not sure about the success rate though.

How can I invite them to this thread please ?
Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards
As a minimum, send an email to at least 1 or 2 different support email addresses that you have (cc to compliance department if applicable).

If they have social media (facebook, twitter), please send them a message there. They may also have a support representative on the forums here.

Hi there, I recently recovered $250k i lost to BeeOptions two months ago, At first I tried to do a chargeback with the bank directly, I tried to do it myself. The result was negative; the bank rejected my request and would not open the chargebacks for me (not to mention I’ve put the whole process at risk as after banks rejection I had even smaller chance to open, not to even mention winning the dispute so I suggest for people to not handle it on their own as then you might not even have a chance to get any help from the so called professional. You can reach out and you will get help as i did

Hi!

Thanks for that. The problem is that I did do I charge back with the bank and they refunded the full amount, however not so long ago I received a letter from the bank informing me that after investigation they now require the full amount to be paid back to them. Unfortunately they relied on papers from this MaxCFD scam company which they sent me a copy of and that was full of false information about me.
I got back to the bank and informed them that this is all fake information and even if I have signed any papers, this is a service I did not receive therefore the chargeback shouldn’t be invalid. Currently the matter is under further investigation and with the complaints department but I don’t know how successful this will be.
The disappointing thing is that this MaxCFD has changed my password to the account they created for me and also closed my account now. I have emailed the email address they have on their site but it keeps bouncing back as it is an invalid email address, the phone number they have provided on their site is invalid as it puts you on hold for exactly 10 minutes and then cuts off, I also filled out their own site form numerous times and they did not respond once.
I guess £6250 is a very big amount for them to refund altogether. The problem is that there is no way of getting to them which is extremely frustrating.
No company should be allowed to operate like this!
I will continue and any help or support is very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Hi!

Thanks for that. The problem is that I did do I charge back with the bank and they refunded the full amount, however not so long ago I received a letter from the bank informing me that after investigation they now require the full amount to be paid back to them. Unfortunately they relied on papers from this MaxCFD scam company which they sent me a copy of and that was full of false information about me.
I got back to the bank and informed them that this is all fake information and even if I have signed any papers, this is a service I did not receive therefore the chargeback shouldn’t be invalid. Currently the matter is under further investigation and with the complaints department but I don’t know how successful this will be.
The disappointing thing is that this MaxCFD has changed my password to the account they created for me and also closed my account now. I have emailed the email address they have on their site but it keeps bouncing back as it is an invalid email address, the phone number they have provided on their site is invalid as it puts you on hold for exactly 10 minutes and then cuts off, I also filled out their own site form numerous times and they did not respond once.
I guess £6250 is a very big amount for them to refund altogether. The problem is that there is no way of getting to them which is extremely frustrating.
No company should be allowed to operate like this!
I will continue and any help or support is very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Can you please upload the letter and supporting documents that you received from the bank suggesting a reversal of chargeback??

Or email them to FPA staff. if it is too large to attach, use dropbox/google drive link.

Also sent PM

I have been scammed by MAXCFD! I opened an account with them after hearing about bitcoin and went to take a look on the internet, silly enough I entered my details and before I knew I received a call from them skilful enough to convince me to pay out a registration fee of £250 to start with. Only the second day I received a another call and advising me that I will have a personal broker that will be dealing on my behalf. I received a call from them to introduce themselves and there and then they managed to convince me to deposit another £6000 regrettably although they initially asked for £10,000!
It was only after that, that I decide to have a little search and I found out that they were total scammers! This broker called me again asking for more money saying that there is an opportunity that has just come up and is like no other. I refused and said I have no more. I was very patient not to request the money back as I wanted to be very civil and ask for it back saying I have changed my mind and that I am aware that I can request it back as you have traded with it more than 30-40 times. This was their condition at the start assuring me that I can change my mind and request a refund provided that they have traded with the money 30-40 times.
This is when Ryan that was supposed to be my personal broker kicked off and refused totally to issue any refunds. He kept me hanging saying that he would get in touch with his supervisor and try but nothing happened. I received another call from Ryan 3 weeks down the line asking me to deposit more money! I was furious and told them that they are scammers. I was in touch with their head office explaining all of this but they said they cannot do anything without me completing the rest of my paper work which they wanted me to sign as this would verify my account. I refused and to date nothing has been refunded. Today I went to log in and I found that they have changed my password for the account they setup for me which means I now have no access at all. I am requesting my money back and reported this. Please advise further if I could do anymore about this.

Account ID: 2142327

Many thanks.
I am sorry to hear about your loss in the forex scam.I suggest you report to your county's financial regulators.Besides,take this matter up with your consumer tribunal.Last but not least if you did a wire transfer from your bank to the company's bank then request for a charge back quoting that the transaction is illegal because the your bank has dealt with an illegal company and the bank could be considered as an abettor.

Back