Warning - Hex Options Ltd (09964363)

Good afternoon All,

I would like to bring the below to people's attention who may have been also unwittingly caught up by these scammers. I received the below email on Thursday September 21st 2017 regarding my Hex Options Ltd account:

Dear Mr XXXXX,

It is with deep regret that we must inform you, Hex Options will cease trading from Thursday 21st September 2017 due to becoming insolvent. This is in part due to market conditions not going our way and also down to the malpractice of some of our account managers/traders which has forced us to take this action.

Hex Options is unable to continue trading due to becoming insolvent, the standard procedure is for the director/s to appoint an Insolvency Practitioner to liquidate the company. The IP will realize the value of the companies assets and distribute the proceeds, amongst the companies creditors and clients.

Hex Options have appointed The Financial Consultancy Group Ltd (company number 04020787) as our official Insolvency Practitioner. The Financial Consultancy Group have all client's details and access to client's funds which are held in an Escrow account. Your account balance will be displayed in your personal account within The Financial Consultancy Group website.

Hex Options trading platform will no longer be active, so you will not be able to login via the website, for security reason's please do not speak with anyone else regarding your account other than The Financial Consultancy Group, this includes any of your previous Hex Options account managers.

You will receive an email and welcome pack from The Financial Consultancy Group with login details to the members area on their website www.financialconsultancygroup.co.uk where you can track the progress and status of your case.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your support and wish you continued success in your future trading.

Yours sincerely

Accounts Department

cid:95B4A5F8-0D3B-4DC3-A2D2-8F1C76A6EC4B

Tel: +44 (0)2071006079

Net: hexoptions.com

71- 75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ

The email looked innocent enough and their purported IP is a registered company on companies house. After some research i found out their website was created approximately 28 days ago by a non-UK national and last updated on Sept 19th. I subsequently had the below correspondence from their apparent IP:

Dear XXXX,

We are writing in reference to your recent trading account with Hex Options. Unfortunately, Hex Options has now ceased trading as of Thursday 21st September 2017. The Financial Consultancy Group have been appointed as the insolvency practitioner and will therefore oversee the insolvency process.

The Financial Consultancy Group have details of all deposits, account balances and have full control of funds which are held in an Escrow account.

Hex Options website and trading platform has been disabled, along with any email accounts associated with Hex Options you may have previously had. Your account balance on the Hex Options platform will be moved over to the Financial Consultancy Group platform. For your own security, you should only discuss your account with your appointed Financial Consultancy Group case manager.

Your case manager is Mr Liam Williams, who will be in contact with you in the next few days. Mr Williams will explain the process and can also answer any questions you may have.

Although this can be a worrying time for many people, The Financial Consultancy Group are experts at taking the stress out of this procedure, enabling you to unlock your funds in a quick and timely fashion.

You will receive a welcome pack in a pdf form in the next 24 hours via email, this will give you a complete overview and better understanding of the entire process.

Your username and password will arrive in a separate email which will follow shortly, this will allow you login to your account in our members area.

--
Regards
Financial Consultancy Group

info@financialconsultancygroup.co.uk
financialconsultancygroup.co.uk
0203 151 2037
cid:1A8A76C7-F459-4D8B-A0C7-9E9C2BBB038E

Company number 04020787

Whittington House, 64 High Street, Fareham, Hampshire, England, PO16 7BG

Something didn't feel right so i then called their sister company who share the same premises and did not recognise the website and had no record of any Liam Williams working there. Indeed they were quite concerned that there was another company impersonating them.

All Mr Williams wanted me to do was log in to the website and enter my bank details in order to release my funds. After a couple of phone calls and me asking some questions i began to realise the whole thing was an elaborate but flawed scam. Mr Williams wanted me to pay 10% of my account balance upfront and my balance would miraculously appear in my bank account within 14 days. There is more chance of my wife's horse growing a horn and becoming a unicorn. He also could not answer why his alleged company was not a registered Insolvency Practitioner or why i couldn't find anything online with regards to Hex Options going into insolvency. Indeed, their last records on companies house showed a healthy profit of £1.7mil last year. I've checked companies house and The Gazette daily for more information but Hex Options are still listed as active. The Hex Options website is down and their phone just rings off.

I had written the Hex Options money off long ago and since had reasonable success with a registered company if i feel the need to play with Binary Options (not that i do as the house always wins).

I completely appreciate it was my own fault for putting money in with Hex Options to begin with, but as the saying goes do not invest anything you can't afford to lose.

After calling several regulatory bodies nobody can do anything about it. Lesson learned in life though. My main reason for posting this is if the police are not interested then Hex Options have got away with this one and some of their other poor clients may have been scammed or in the process of being scammed from their IP company for more money! Luckily for me (or unluckily!) i only lost 4 figures but i'm sure others have lost way more. If this post can save some other poor person falling victim to these people then it will have served its purpose.

Names to look out for, although they are probably aliases:
Liam Williams
Karen Holmes
Julian Rowe
Nigel Beattie
Also the 3 directors of Hex Options who i am monitoring closely in case of any phoenix company that starts up.

Kind regards,
Lucifer

The internet is a powerful thing, i just spoke to another person who had the same email trail and sad story from Liam Williams. Definite scam.

Hi FxMaster,

Hope you are well sir. I've had some menacing calls from 0203 numbers in London threatening me and my family over this, any advice? I have downloaded an app to record all calls now to prove it to the police.

Thanks,
Lucifer

The only choice is to report such case of threatening to your local police and the rest they will take care of it for sure, don't worry.

Hi FxMaster,

Hope you are well sir. I've had some menacing calls from 0203 numbers in London threatening me and my family over this, any advice? I have downloaded an app to record all calls now to prove it to the police.

Thanks,
Lucifer
First of all how they got your number and second thing is, you can contact the local police ASAP regarding the phone call.

I can only assume they somehow wrote the original email in such a way as to identify me somehow, perhaps a line or specific wording. I sanitised the title but something is not right. I'm a bit freaked out to be honest and it's not worth the hassle for money i'll never see again. I've reported it today and they took all the details. The numbers are different and the voice sounds like a weird computer type tone. I tried calling back but the lines are dead.

I can only assume they somehow wrote the original email in such a way as to identify me somehow, perhaps a line or specific wording. I sanitised the title but something is not right. I'm a bit freaked out to be honest and it's not worth the hassle for money i'll never see again. I've reported it today and they took all the details. The numbers are different and the voice sounds like a weird computer type tone. I tried calling back but the lines are dead.
Stay safe man and whenever you get any threaten call then make sure you can report it immediately. Let me know if you want any help from my side.

Back