• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

WatchLiveForexTrades Colin Atkins

skhalil,

You may want to check out Forex Impact. They have free training Webinars (if you don't mind the hours of 7am to 11am EST). Just do a search on a search engine (google). It should be one of the first returns.

They obviously use a proprietary trading system. I don't understand it very well, but I just copy their trades.

Hope this helps you out.

Goss:)

We are looking for true people who dont have vested interest with the product. People like Tony and Colin make things harder for services that are honest and true.

Plimus, "Colin Atkins" and so on.

First of all - if you really really want to be ripped off, get an American to do it.

Secondly, the dodgy traders seem to use Plimus. There don't seem to be the same safeguards as Clickbank, which to put it mildly is a pity.

Thirdly, Colin Atkins has a"traders club" which is accessible at a much lower price than the one fronted by the American. His terms are as follows:-

"Price: £207.75 – this covers a Registration Fee of £100.00…Club Subs fee of £97.00 per month and extended download fee of £10.75. If monthly payments are made by standing order the price comes down to £84.99 a month."

Less than charged by the Americans. By the way he trades from 25, Chesterfield Road, Ashord, Middlesex, an unassuming London suburb. So now you know where he lives.

Finally as to the service itself: it is the usual bedlam of subscribers trying to attract the attention of the trader. A very unpromising learning environment, and very missable experience in my opinion.

Any American feeling offended ? OK, I confess: I'm living in the past and relying on Martin Chuzzlewit, though not much may have changed since then if my experiences are anything to go by. My apologies to all the honest ones.

I'll update this when I can.

Pure SCAMM!!!

Colin Atkins scamm band is selling pure lies on their web page. I was in their trading room 2 weeks and I didn't receive anything what they are presenting on their selling web:
a/ they are showing 28,240 pips history, that's an average of 1,765 pips monthly
- in reality: For the payment of $499 subscribers received risky trading system with an average of 3 (!) pips daily,
- no live statement/performance about those 28k pips, they wrote it by hand,
- no money management, they said in room it is taboo to talk about it!!!
- 10 pips daily is all I need I received answer in trading room and
- if you expected big number of trades and big pips score - you are on the wrong place (that were literary Tony's answers on my Q)
- after these 2 questions Colin sent me message on private chat that he will remove my typing possibility if I will proceed telling the truth to others in trading room:(
b/ copy their trades blow-by-blow to accumulate 28k pips:
- trading room is open 6 hours per day and usually there is 1 trade we can copy for 3-10 pips if it is positive or for negative 10-30 pips then loser occur;
- they don't provide signal service actually: I received crappy very risky trading system which I have to learn and then if I'll trade it alone outside the trading room I will have few trades more per day maybe. But where is a difference of the rest of 1,600 pips per month?
c/ hiding costs: Buy true signal service from Tony Brown for additional $149/month!
- This info you will receive in trading room and not even a word on their web presentation;
- I bought it too and I tested it for 3 weeks: They are cheating with results too. In case of 1st 2 trades in December they showed maximum possible profit and not profit after SL were hit;
d/ The biggest scam they made with their 'no question asked iron money back guarantee':
- in reality they don't refund anyone! I waited 2 weeks, I exchanged 6 emails through Plimus with these scammers and of course they had in their plan from the beginning not to make any refund: In my case Plimus initiated refund (I wrote them separate email with all proofs of scamm) and refund failed! Why: Colin's scamm band previously collected all the money from Plimus so there is no way for refund...
e/ Exclusivity of 100 members only is another lie:
- when I was inn the room an average of 280 subscribers were signed in...
- They have a huge affiliate program from which I received their offer from 4 different sources...
f/ Devaluation of their service: Initial price was $499 which felt after 14 days on $299 and after another 2 weeks on $1!!!
- What for first and second group of subscribers paid a huge money???
g/ One of the answers I received from these scammers asking for refund:
'a refund may be possible but if there is any evidence of false posts from you no way... You choose':eek:oh:

There is more of dirty lies from Colin the painter but from all we were robbed is expected to protect all other traders around the world:
PLEASE SEND REPORT HOW YOU WERE SCAMMED from Colin's group TO Metropolitan Police Service - PCeU as I did. If there will be a lot of complaints maybe these scammers will receive appropriate treatment. It must be so: Atkins stole around $150K from traders around the world!

Refund Completed!!!

Finally a Thumbs up For Copylivetrades.com team: Plimus just informed me about full refund copylivetrades team made to my credit card. It is pity we had to exchange big number of emails, pretty tough words even but that final refund is for sure pretty positive act and I thanks to Warren who were in contact with me several times last 24 hours and he made this refund fair and correctly until the last cent as i paid for their service.
It is not important now if their service is good or not. Some traders will find it useful and others not. What it is important is - they made full refund as they promised in their "Our Crazy Guarantee" - just with a delay and lot of questions.

Here is a copy of email I just received from Plimus:

We hereby confirm the refund for FULL Trading Room Membership - Manuals and Unlimited Access (Huge 85% Discount),FULL Trading Room Membership - Subscription (Huge 75% Discount - Limited Places) to you on 12/13/2010.

Please see the statement below for further details.

IMPORTANT: We have already sent this credit to your credit card, however, some banks may take up to 5 business days to post it in your account. If you do not see this credit immediately and 5 days have not past, please contact your credit card company, they will be able to confirm the credit.

If you need further assistance, please visit:

Support Form....

This is your receipt. You may print this page for your records.

================================================== =======
Below is a summary:

Transaction ID: 18149523
Invoice ID: 40734441
Item Number: 2896634
Amount: (358.80) (Credit)
Customer Name:
================================================== ==
Regards,

Plimus Sales

you mentioned better rooms, could you point me to one.
thanks,
Sam

Sorry for slow reply. you could try Ronnie's room... plenty to learn and its free for now. Live Forex Trade Room
It's a bit reliant on indicators for entries though, so the trades can be a bit late in the move.

Phil Newton's room at tradingstrategies. Price action without indicators. The strategies that worked for me are the older ones mentioned on the website. I haven't tried the newer furquad system live, back tested it for a while and got around 62% winners.

Have yet to find a room though that brings it all together though. Just try a few and learn bits here and there and go it alone.

I want to start off by saying I read much more on this forum than I post, and the information here has been extremely helpful and has saved me countless dollars, time and headaches in avoiding forex "tools" that were more hype than substance. I greatly appreciate the staff behind the forum and everything they do, and for making this information readily available to everyone.

And in every instance, I was extremely glad I stopped here first to read up on what I was thinking about purchasing before I pushed that "buy" button ... in every case except this one.

This has been bothering me for several weeks now, ever since I read through this entire thread, so much so that I felt compelled to make a post about my experience with the CopyLiveTrades ("CLT") service.

So here goes ...

I've been a CLT member for about 4 months now and in reading through this entire thread, I feel I was able to get a "big picture view" of everything that has transpired from the beginning. It appears when this company first started out a couple of years ago, they made some major mistakes. When they rebranded themselves a few months ago as "CopyLiveTrades," that's when I came on board so until I read this thread, I was totally unaware of their previous background and history. (I actually found this thread by accident in doing a search on another forex product.)

I admit the advertising leaves a lot to be desired, they stretch the truth to the breaking point and yes, I bought into this thinking it was going to be something similar to a signal service but done in a live room where I could watch the traders in action and, of course, rake in those pips like magic. In reality, what I've gotten from this service is so very much more valuable than what I thought I was buying into that I feel very fortunate to have taken the leap.

While you're able to copy the trades that Colin and Tony take in the live room, you will also find out why they're taking the trade, what they look for in a trade set-up, the risk involved, when to enter the trade as well as when to exit the trade (whether it's at a profit or a loss). Everything is explained and if you pay attention, you'll be able to take advantage of trades outside the live room on your own. That's their goal, to train you to become your own consistently profitable forex trader so you eventually don't need the live room anymore.

There also seems to be some major misinformation about Colin and who actually runs the business. CopyLiveTrades is owned and run through a UK business called "TradeSharePlus." Colin is an employee of this company and is the head trader -- nothing less, nothing more. The head office is run by a gentleman named Warren and he has an administrative assistant who's name is Sue. It appears they use Colin's name in their marketing materials but disturbingly, it appear as if he's the one writing it and marketing it which, I can assure you, he is NOT doing. CLT is a business and Colin is an employee of the business. He is their main star attraction, most certainly, but he has nothing to do with the marketing and advertising of the business, or the services and products they offer, or how they offer it.

I'm gathering that when this service started, Colin was the only trader handling the live room (with Warren stepping in from time to time as needed). There is now a second trader, Tony Brown, who was one of Colin's live room students and I guess you could call him his protégé. Basically Tony learned Colin's methods and took off with it (once he got his head on straight about trading properly).

The issue of having to buy into a 3 month term just to try out the service was obviously so badly received that they did not have that stipulation in place with CLT. It's now a month-to-month service with no time commitments.

It also appears that in the beginning they allowed everyone with a microphone to talk in the live trade room which, I can only imagine, would have been a free-for-all. That is no longer the case, the only one doing the talking is the trader. There is a chat box where you can type in your question and have the trader answer it live, and that has been working out well.

I think one of the biggest gripes I've heard about this live room so far is that new members are disappointed in the number of trades taken during the live room sessions ... or rather, the lack thereof. What folks fail to understand is, we can only take what the market gives us, and it's especially difficult to take profits when there's little to no volume ... not impossible mind you, just more difficult. When the market isn't moving, there's not much anyone can do about it. The traders have to work within a very small window of time and they can't "make" trades happen.

This seems to be the hardest concept for folks to grasp. Which is one of the reasons why they teach you how to trade on your own, so you CAN take advantage of the trades when they happen outside the live trade room. And if the market isn't moving during any trading session, they take the time to go over members trades so we can all learn from the experience.

And the complaints regarding the "low" amount of pips is taken out of context. They do tell you that 10 pips a day is all you need, and with the power of compounding, it is (the idea here is to keep you from overtrading, i.e., giving back what you made because you don't know when to say "when"). That's not to say you won't make more than 10 pips a day (or per trade for that matter), but that's all you need to be a consistently profitable trader. Basically, if you can do 5-10 pips per trade that are consistently profitable and you place a higher value on those trades, then you will make more money a lot faster than if you kept trying to hit those "profit targets" of 20, 30, 50 or 100 pips with a lower stake per trade. In other words, getting 5 pips per trade is a lot easier and faster to accomplish than having to consistently get 20 pips or more per trade that would make the same amount of money.

In fact, they don't use "profit targets" (that's a dirty word in the live room), we don't talk about how much money we've made (pips only), and we are taught to take what the market offers us when it offers it, whether it's 5 pips or 50. They try to help you break bad habits and instill good ones in their place, like teaching you to trade what you see, not what you hear or think may happen. And yes, money management IS an important part of the trading process and IS taught in the live room. And the 30 pip stop loss is there as a safety measure ONLY, at no time are you to let the trade go so far in the negative that it takes out the stop loss – it's there in case you lose power or internet connection, or get called away from your trading and forget to check back, etc. Part of the training is teaching you how to keep your losses in the single digits and not let it get that far.

To me their service is invaluable and here's why ... I'm sure most of you have heard the hoopla regarding Bob Iaccino's latest product launch. A few months ago I would have been on that bandwagon too, but not now. Why? Because for the first time in over 5 years of struggling with trading forex, I'm "this close" to no longer needing to pay Bob or anyone else to tell me what trades to take. Because of what I've learned in the live room, I'm perfectly capable of looking at a chart and knowing if there's a legitimate trade set up or not and if I should jump in, or stay out.

To those of you that are already consistently profitable traders on your own, you probably have no idea how wonderful it is not to be dependent on someone else for your livelihood ... but for those of you that do understand what I'm talking about, I can tell you first hand that it's frelling AWESOME. And I owe it all to Colin and Tony and the live room.

Many thanks guys. :-D

SIDE NOTE: If you decide to try CLT out, I want to warn you that you will get hit with multiple upsells. Here's the thing -- YOU DON'T NEED THEM. One of the upsells is for an EA that supposedly "automates" Colin's trading system. I can assure you that Colin knows NOTHING about this EA, does not endorse it, and certainly does not use it -- that one or any other EA. Why the head office put that EA in there with the ad copy it has is beyond me and yes, it is disturbing that they do so. Since it's a UK based company, I don't know what the advertising laws are over there but simply put, in the U.S. that kind of stuff simply wouldn't fly.

Another upsell is for Tony's Big Pipper system. Yes, I also subscribe to this but only recently. I wanted to get a handle on the other stuff first. And they will allow you to join Big Pipper at a later time and at a discounted price so no, you're not losing out on anything by waiting. Just FYI ...

Colin Atkins scamm band is selling pure lies on their web page. I was in their trading room 2 weeks and I didn't receive anything what they are presenting on their selling web:
a/ they are showing 28,240 pips history, that's an average of 1,765 pips monthly
- in reality: For the payment of $499 subscribers received risky trading system with an average of 3 (!) pips daily,
- no live statement/performance about those 28k pips, they wrote it by hand,
- no money management, they said in room it is taboo to talk about it!!!
- 10 pips daily is all I need I received answer in trading room and
- if you expected big number of trades and big pips score - you are on the wrong place (that were literary Tony's answers on my Q)
- after these 2 questions Colin sent me message on private chat that he will remove my typing possibility if I will proceed telling the truth to others in trading room:(
b/ copy their trades blow-by-blow to accumulate 28k pips:
- trading room is open 6 hours per day and usually there is 1 trade we can copy for 3-10 pips if it is positive or for negative 10-30 pips then loser occur;
- they don't provide signal service actually: I received crappy very risky trading system which I have to learn and then if I'll trade it alone outside the trading room I will have few trades more per day maybe. But where is a difference of the rest of 1,600 pips per month?
c/ hiding costs: Buy true signal service from Tony Brown for additional $149/month!
- This info you will receive in trading room and not even a word on their web presentation;
- I bought it too and I tested it for 3 weeks: They are cheating with results too. In case of 1st 2 trades in December they showed maximum possible profit and not profit after SL were hit;
d/ The biggest scam they made with their 'no question asked iron money back guarantee':
- in reality they don't refund anyone! I waited 2 weeks, I exchanged 6 emails through Plimus with these scammers and of course they had in their plan from the beginning not to make any refund: In my case Plimus initiated refund (I wrote them separate email with all proofs of scamm) and refund failed! Why: Colin's scamm band previously collected all the money from Plimus so there is no way for refund...
e/ Exclusivity of 100 members only is another lie:
- when I was inn the room an average of 280 subscribers were signed in...
- They have a huge affiliate program from which I received their offer from 4 different sources...
f/ Devaluation of their service: Initial price was $499 which felt after 14 days on $299 and after another 2 weeks on $1!!!
- What for first and second group of subscribers paid a huge money???
g/ One of the answers I received from these scammers asking for refund:
'a refund may be possible but if there is any evidence of false posts from you no way... You choose':eek:oh:

There is more of dirty lies from Colin the painter but from all we were robbed is expected to protect all other traders around the world:
PLEASE SEND REPORT HOW YOU WERE SCAMMED from Colin's group TO Metropolitan Police Service - PCeU as I did. If there will be a lot of complaints maybe these scammers will receive appropriate treatment. It must be so: Atkins stole around $150K from traders around the world!

Oh do grow up will you. Colin stole nothing from anyone. The money you risk when you trade is with your broker and if you traded how you are taught in the live room, you would not be losing money.

Big Pipper is a signalling service that is entirely separate from the Live Room subscription and you can subscribe to this or not - your choice.

As far as sending a report to the police, they will laugh at you. That's like losing in Vegas and asking the police to report the casino for you losing money. And you are forgetting that Colin doesn't touch your money, whatever you lose goes to your broker.

If you are not grown up enough to become a trader then don't trade. This live room is not a scam. It might not be to everyones liking but it is not a scam.

Colins Room - To me a island in a sea of stuff that does not work. WELL DONE GENTS

Hello to everyone
Have been a member for over 6 months.
Colin and Tony have given me more in terms of learning to trade a real method in the fx markets than anything else i have come across.
Also compared to whatelse i have paid for VERY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY and if you're not happy you can cancel your subscription.

And guess what - we make money............
The method works...........
Can't believe the scam stuff, sounds like people who are looking for easy money.........
My recommenation - try it if you are struggling as a trader, some good stuff here.

All the best and thanks Colin, Tony, Warren and Sue
Dugald

Do you expect Financial Freedom for Under a grand

I see many complaints mainly about refund policy,and scams and you always will from people who want to do things on the cheap.
If you break down the monthly cost(In your own currency) into the 18hours per week per month to watch an experienced trader go about his business and ask questions all the way ...and copy what he does,well its well worth it to me.
I am a member of the room and happy to be there and yes it is a simple technique and with patience and discipline an extraordinary income is realistic.
Now I realize that it is more beneficial for marketing to show your results in a positive light and see the truth bent eg printed from their results page 11/5/2011 sell Eur/Yen 115.85 exit price 114.90 =95 pips.

Last edited:
Back