• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

WatchLiveForexTrades Colin Atkins

Hi David,

Thanks for the intelligent perspective!

And yes, you may call me anytime, and I'd be happy to show you the club.

Respectfully,

Tony
(number on website)

Last edited:
I´ve been checking out Colin´s site for a while, and I´m also amazed at the kind of marketing tactics, but this is shared with a lot of sites. All these sites with one page that goes 100 ft down filled with testimonials and persuasive sales talk. Colin´s site is pretty clean and well layed out in this respect. However, the "hurry you´re missing the train" and "how they care for me to get rich" mumbo jumbo puts off any slight interest I may have had. Why would anyone want me, a completely unknown person, to get rich? This is very old stuff, I´m sure it goes centuries back, and it works very well because "the last idiot has yet to be borned" as the saying goes. The idea of trading with a mentor is however not a bad thing. If you´re a bad discretionary trader, using a successful person as filter for your own input and judgement could be a real eye opener and work wonders. I can see why you would pay someone for this.

For me there is a way of sensing the real thing from the maybe not so real thing, both in forum posts like this, and on the sites, and it lies in the tone of it. The people pushing for these sites either communicate only with euphoric statements or are very good as pushing the emotion buttons. They´re not so good at discussing at a level where both parties try to get as close to the objective truth as possible.

That being said it would be nice if you Tony replied to the question:

8. Also for Tony L – maybe you could provide an overview as to what would constitute a valid claim for a refund – I am certain that you have the criteria defined for such occurrences.

I´ve read the Terms and Conditions linking from this page that states a 100% money back guarantee: http://colintradeslive.com/GetAccess.html

For the price of $499 (USD) you will be getting my Double Trigger System which goes over exactly how I trade, and gives you the basics. More importantly, you will be getting your unique access codes to the 5-weekly, 3-times daily Live Trading Webinars. This initial payment will give you your first month's access to the trading room. After that, if you like it, we'll continue at $149 a month. These prices are INSANE as I've seen weekend seminars go for thousands of pounds/dollars easily. And, they don't even offer any type of Live Trading or a Guarantee. You decide...

http://watchliveforextrades.com/TermsandConditions.html

Termination
... In all cases you must give a minimum 30 days notice in writing to cancel any subscription, agreement or contract with us. Send to: CPMTC Cancellations, 45 Chesterfield Rd, Ashford, Middlesex TW15 2NE. All Subscription Services are for a minimum of 3 months.

Refunds
Refunds will only be approved when requested in strict accordance with the written guarantee. All guarantees are 'conditional'. We do not give No quibble or unconditional guarantees. It is the purchasers responsibility to read the Terms and Conditions and understand the meaning of the written guarantee. Any materials purchased such as Trading systems, Trading methods, educational training or in fact any material delivered electronically will not qualify for a refund. When a purchaser has downloaded any of our electronically delivered products this will constitute 'acceptance' of the product. Specifically this covers 'The Double Trigger System'. Refund requests must be sent in writing to: CPMTC Refunds, 45 Chesterfield Rd, Ashford, Middlesex TW15 2NE.

Any Questions? Call: +44 (0)1270 760 797

So as you can see there is no chance of getting a complete refund for all of the $499 since it includes some non-refundable downloads, maybe Tony can clear this out, exactly what is refundable. I can´t see how you possibly can back up the 100% money back guarantee. I seems you leave the meaning of the term "100%" to be discretionary judged by yourself.

Further, it states you will have to write real snailmail letters to request refunds OR cancel subscriptions. As I understand it when reading at their site and the terms, the $499 will get you in as a member, download the system and give you one month, but as it seems from the posters here they are likely to bill you for at least one more month which you don´t have any chance of cancelling!? That sounds very strange and unfair. My belief until now from reading their terms was that only if I subscribe to use their service after the first already payed included month has went to an end, will there be more billing, and then for a minimum of 3 months, and I will have to write a real letter to cancel it 30 days before the final billing. That would be rather uncomfortable terms on its own, but at least I would know what I got into.

Last edited:
My view on this service

I joined this service thinking I could ride the coat-tails of a "trading master". However, the first red flag that was raised for me was when I commented on one of his sales websites that claim there are only X spaces remaining. His response was that he was unaware of that website.

The second red flag was when once the subject of where Colin trades from came up inside the live room, and someone asked about the address that was given on the website and his response was: I don't live there...

As for his "exceptional performance" well, during week one I made 29 pips following his trades, week two -13 pips, week three 23 pips and week four 23 pips, for a total of 62 pips.

Well, judging by the historical record, I must of somehow joined on the "worse performing week ever", and since I wasn't making enough to cover the monthly subcription costs, decided to quit.

When I requested a refund the reply I got was: we only give out refunds under the non-performance of Colin.

Well, he HAS underperformed, yet I did not qualify for a refund, and therefore had to wait under the 3 month contract expired before I could cancel my subscription. Theres another £300 out of pocket.

My view is that he is making most, if not all his money by getting people to buy his double trigger system and online webinar service.

I recently received another spam email saying that Colin was holding a "once in a lifetime" seminar where he would divilge all his "trading secrets". Initially the price was £997, they then sent another email saying that if I was quick I could secure a place for just £397.

I think I with stay well away, and would advise you all to do the same.

Well, as a non-subscriber the only thing I can be 100% sure of regarding this service is that 'Colin' wants my money. 499 bucks is a pretty hefty fee for this kind of thing, although they proclaim the price is 'insane'. It´s pretty clever, because you´re more likely to persuade yourself you have bought something of great value if the price is high, thus protecting your ego from failure. If the price was 49-199 I think alot more people would have the courage to be upfront with the truth, if they bought some piece of crap. Probably this business started high and went down a bit in price, trying to find out the pain threshold for this kind of marketing.

If you want something I consider guaranteed value for money, try getting the topdogtrading foundation courses 1+2 for 299. It´s very thorough and provides a good understanding of the market. There´s of course no guarantee that particular style will suit you, or that you´ll find it easy to trade, but it can be used as a starting point and is applicable to all markets. I´m a beginner myself, and so far it has helped me at least stay out of many bad trades. Plus the money back guarantee is real, although you can´t order anything more from them if you use it. They also use a pretty aggressive marketing, but there´s no surprise strings attached when you deal with them. The videos and pdf´s are embedded in a software security suit that goes on line the first time used and can then only be opened on that specific computer, else you have to download the stuff again, but if you´re not a complete newbie you can easily save them to disk ones opened.

David Jenyns' ultimate trading system UTS 2.0 is also worth checking out. I believe he claims 7$ for it, or you can just find it somewhere.

Every trader has there own style of trading...Therefore it's understandable that some people will not be suited to Colin Live Trading room..
Simple,its not there style of trading,..yet the puzzling thing is why place new trader's in a 3 month contract.

Why do that...what is the point of that.

It could only mean one thing..Lock them in ,.. Take there Money..I feel thats very ,very unfair
:mad:

23 pips a week?
You must be kidding...
With 3 sessions a day, Colin's daily figures AND System 500... he's pushing well above that a DAY.

As for our refund policy, we simply don't refund people who just want a free month of service because this isn't just some bogus ebook, etc....
Honestly out of 100 members I've had less then 10 requests for refunds..
Some people will never trade successfully if they can't follow someone as simple as Colin.

And thank you Tamlin for another seemingly un-bias review.

As for our refund policy, we simply don't refund people who just want a free month of service because this isn't just some bogus ebook, etc....

Fair enough..you do not wish to give a free month of service because it isnt
just some bogus ebook..by question is..

Then why ,when people join, you have a 3 month contract ?

What prevents you from giving a free trial subscription ,even if its for 2 days
..Giving the new Traders the freedom of choice ,whether to subcribe to your
services...rather than lock them into a 3 month contract?

Search the internet there are many live trading rooms , ,giving the opportunity for ,Trading room ,free trials

What is preventing you from doing the same...be fair to the new Trader's out there...

23 pips a week?
You must be kidding...
With 3 sessions a day, Colin's daily figures AND System 500... he's pushing well above that a DAY.

Anyone can claim any number of pips. If Colin can do even half of what you claim, post some LIVE trade results and you'll probably get a pile of new members. Keep bragging without proof and you'll just generate doubt.

Honestly out of 100 members I've had less then 10 requests for refunds..
Some people will never trade successfully if they can't follow someone as simple as Colin.

I've got no problem with a stringent refund policy, but 30 days advanced notice? It's a trade room, not rental on an apartment.

The way to beat Scammers!

I thought the names Colin Atkins and Tony rung a bell... They used to peddle software that placed zig zag arrows on charts a few years ago and charge over the top price for the rubbish. I actually spoke to Colin pre-purchase and asked for proof that the software they were selling could actually pinpoint tops and bottoms, of course he couldn't as it was a zig zag, and these are useful as a glass hammer or a Chocolate Kettle.

Get the address in the UK and go a Google street maps search, it's a run down house is a ****ty street, hardly a Mansion i was expecting from a successful trading operation! Hold on, here's a print!

Check out the graffiti on the their box trailer outside, LOL!

For all those who have been ripped off, here's your chance to get equal: Simply put 'in your own words' the trading method they use. The system 500 and the method Colin uses in the trade room, let's all discuss it here and let the Scammers read what we are discussing, then any future traders they would have robbed will be saved, as they will have the method for zero!

First rule in trading and life, ALWAYS DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!!

Thank God for sites like this, is all I can say!

Last edited:
Hahahahah oh man - I am starting to really get a kick out of this.
Yeah... that's Colin's house... NOT.

I will be posting my own and/or Colin's / other members broker statements in the next days so you people can finally **** up.

Some of this is really just hilarious.

People who are NOT members thinking they are geniuses because they can use Google Maps or think everything is "too good to be true". OR people who claim to be members but refuse to identify themselves saying Colin makes 20 pips a week. Surrrrre.

I wish you all the best as myself and the more confident traders continue to profit.

Tony
(number on website)

PS. Colin is also having a seminar in the UK in the coming weeks:
www.getmyforex.com/meetcolin/

However, I'm sure you losing traders don't come play with the big traders too often with your Micro accounts ;)

Last edited:
Back