WaveRider Trade Journal

Happy to see you have settled down on a trading strategy which you have confidence and comfortable in making trades. After all these years of trials & errors and losing tons of money, I too have finally settled down on a trading strategy that I can confidently and comfortably make trades and, finally, start making consistent profits.

"Wishing I were in this down move on the EURUSD this morning but I didn't get up in time and I was a little afraid of chasing price."
Nah, I don't dwell on missed trades anymore and also it's much better for a missed trade then to regret making a bad trade.

It would be much more interesting to post your trading account statistics to enable a visual performance of your trading account.

Cheers and all the best!
Thanks for the well wishing, brother. I hope you conquer the world. I hope everyone here finds their stride, finds success, finds love and happiness. We're all looking for freedom in forex.

I live in California and so I don't want to trade London Open. It's very late at night. I usually have only two trades I take each day. It's the New York continuation at about 5am my time, and the London Close. I will trade a NY reversal but I need to be pretty sure of where the market is headed for the week to do it. I'll post examples of what I look for soon but I did a picture perfect London Close trade last week for 19 pips.

I'm favoring shorts on EURGBP this week. We're trending down in this channel. We had a thrust up to capture liquidity, then a strong thrust back down. The next area of liquidity would be 0.8535 then 0.8528 and I think we're going to hit this. If we hit it earlier in the week, I'd consider a buy back in to the range. If it were early week movement down there, it would be to catch the bears. If it accumulates or shows sideways PA, I'd close the long position. On the upside we have a strong K area around the WPP 0.8563-67. I'd like to be a seller here. If we're headed up early this week, I'd likely consider this the high of the week. This pair often trends on the daily but wanders a lot on the 4h. I'll be nimble and look for 20-40 pips and get out. I think we're headed for 0.8467 bottom but I don' think it'll hit that this week. Ideally, this pair will move up high like 0.8580-90, would make for a good safe sell back into the range and form a head and shoulders pattern, the target of which would be 0.8455, so in good agreement with the bearish stop run.
7-11-21 EURGBP 24h.png
7-11-21 EURGBP 30m.png

EURUSD I'm favoring longs. I'd like to see the price come down early week to 1.820-30 area to form the head and shoulders pattern, then long to 1.1910 which is the 100% of the last hourly swing. If we area early week to 1.9000, I'll consider sells as I 'd think this were more of a stop run, then down to 1.820-30 to create long liquidity and then back up to the target. Last Week Fed Meeting has it's minutes leaked and the response was a flight out of the NYSE and into the USD. There's a lot of buzz about hyperinflation, over leveraged banks and the need for a correction. This should add strength to the USD. I'm going to be cautious with this pair because of the uncertainty with the USD and US economy right now. I may either stay out or only do London Close trades.

The AUD futures is in a seasonal buy until 7/22, this will put down pressure on the AUD, or upward pressure on base AUD pairs like the EURAUD, JPY will be a futures buy starting about 7/15.

EURAUD had a big stop run to shake off the longs last week. It's at 1.5850 at week open, the WPP is 1.5815, bullish order block and 50% of the big candle is 1.5808 and of course the big figure is 1.5800 giving us strong support.
7-11-21 EURAUD 1h.png

I live in California and so I don't want to trade London Open. It's very late at night. I usually have only two trades I take each day. It's the New York continuation at about 5am my time, and the London Close. I will trade a NY reversal but I need to be pretty sure of where the market is headed for the week to do it. I'll post examples of what I look for soon but I did a picture perfect London Close trade last week for 19 pips.

I'm favoring shorts on EURGBP this week. We're trending down in this channel. We had a thrust up to capture liquidity, then a strong thrust back down. The next area of liquidity would be 0.8535 then 0.8528 and I think we're going to hit this. If we hit it earlier in the week, I'd consider a buy back in to the range. If it were early week movement down there, it would be to catch the bears. If it accumulates or shows sideways PA, I'd close the long position. On the upside we have a strong K area around the WPP 0.8563-67. I'd like to be a seller here. If we're headed up early this week, I'd likely consider this the high of the week. This pair often trends on the daily but wanders a lot on the 4h. I'll be nimble and look for 20-40 pips and get out. I think we're headed for 0.8467 bottom but I don' think it'll hit that this week. Ideally, this pair will move up high like 0.8580-90, would make for a good safe sell back into the range and form a head and shoulders pattern, the target of which would be 0.8455, so in good agreement with the bearish stop run.
View attachment 66773 View attachment 66774

EURUSD I'm favoring longs. I'd like to see the price come down early week to 1.820-30 area to form the head and shoulders pattern, then long to 1.1910 which is the 100% of the last hourly swing. If we area early week to 1.9000, I'll consider sells as I 'd think this were more of a stop run, then down to 1.820-30 to create long liquidity and then back up to the target. Last Week Fed Meeting has it's minutes leaked and the response was a flight out of the NYSE and into the USD. There's a lot of buzz about hyperinflation, over leveraged banks and the need for a correction. This should add strength to the USD. I'm going to be cautious with this pair because of the uncertainty with the USD and US economy right now. I may either stay out or only do London Close trades.

The AUD futures is in a seasonal buy until 7/22, this will put down pressure on the AUD, or upward pressure on base AUD pairs like the EURAUD, JPY will be a futures buy starting about 7/15.

EURAUD had a big stop run to shake off the longs last week. It's at 1.5850 at week open, the WPP is 1.5815, bullish order block and 50% of the big candle is 1.5808 and of course the big figure is 1.5800 giving us strong support.
View attachment 66777
I am exclusively on WTI due to the volatility in both directions.

Good luck in your trading and all the best!

View attachment 66773 View attachment 66774

View attachment 66777
Good setups. Thanks.

To anyone following this thread, my business is closely related to COVID-19 and now that it's exploding I'm busy as can be. I'll post again soon.

Back