Today we have the FOMC Interest Rate.

Pair to trade: EUR/USD
We need: Sell EUR/USD: Hawkish comments
BUY EUR/USD: Dovish comments

Economical Impact: High
Typical Result: More hawkish than expected Good for USD Currency
Occurrence: 8 times per year
Spike Probability: Mixed, we can see high volatility during this release

What is it? And why does the market care?
FOMC uses to communicate with investors about monetary policy. It contains the outcome of their vote on interest rates and other policy measures, along with commentary about the economic conditions that influenced their votes. Most importantly, it discusses the economic outlook and offers clues on the outcome of future votes.

The U.S. Federal Reserve's Federal Open Market Committee statement is the primary tool the panel uses to communicate with investors about monetary policy. Scheduled 8 times annually, it reveals the outcome of the committee's vote on interest rates and other policy measures, along with commentary about the economic conditions that influenced the members' votes.
Traders focus on the slight changes to the statement that the FOMC makes to each statement.

If the statement is more hawkish than expected, that is usually good for USD.

Method to trade this:
Stavro D’Amore Trading Method

During the FOMC statement I will look for an instant move of momentum, if I see more than a 25pip mini spike I will go with the trade that way, I will place a 20 pip SL not including spread.

I will exit this trade when I see a bottom forming or a resistance level.

Please make note that Liquidity will be in the EUR/USD pair and at the moment this pair has been Bullish Yesterday, so if we get a hawkish comment from the FOMC meeting we could see the bears run into this pair and drive it bellow well bellow 1.3500, Please keep in mind that this pair can bounce a lot during this release.

Historical Chart and Data for FOMC

all the best

Stavro D’Amore

Last edited by a moderator:
I love ur analysis

Thanks Steve, I love ur straight forward analysis of the markets.. keep up the good work

Back