Week in Review 15-19 August, 2011

Stavro D'Amore

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hello members,

We witnessed some good results this week and I was extremely glad that it came down to a good preparation of the trade plans and mindset

Here is a summary of the trades that took place:

Tuesday August 16, 2011 - 4:30am EDT - UK CPI y/y
No trade and it did not hit my deviation. In saying this I did not take any pre or post news trading.

Wednesday August 17, 2011- 4:30am EDT - UK MPC Meeting Minutes
Prior to the release I recommended a pre news trade. Approximately 5 minutes prior to the news release I said we will be looking for a short term LONG position using GBP/USD pair. I would be out of this LONG trade 1 minute before the actual release or to avoid any spreads that should widen. This resulted me making 11Pips prior to the news release.
Once the news release came out two members (Dale and Weale) changed their votes from hike rates to unchanged and this gave us a vote of 0-0-9, which met the triggers to SELL GBP/USD. We witnessed a good 90pip drop due to the voting decision. I entered the trade as per the trade plan suggested and made some good pips. I walked out of this trade with 51 pips closing profit after 25 minutes. Total pips accrued for this release was 62Pips

Thursday August 18, 2011 - 4:30am EDT - UK Retail Sales
Lost about 11pips on pre news release trading, I then tried to enter on spike and I did not get filled on the spike. I made 12 pips from the retracement style trading making total pips accrued for my troubles - 1pip.

Thursday August 18, 2011 - 8:30am EDT - US Core CPI
No Trade. I did not take any pre or post news trading.

Thursday August 18, 2011 - 10:00am EDT - US Existing Home Sales
US Existing Home Sales came out lower than I expected and the trade did not hit my triggers. There was conflict with the Philly Fed news as it came out a massive -30.7 and we witnessed this release take over the highlight of US existing home sales. After analyzing the situation I entered a BUY on EUR/USD position at 1.4289 and I was out of this trade with a 65 pip profit

Friday August 19, 2011 - 7:00am EDT - CA Core CPI m/m

Hope you have a great weekend. :)

All the Best
Stavro D’Amore

Hello members,

We witnessed some good results this week and I was extremely glad that it came down to a good preparation of the trade plans and mindset

Here is a summary of the trades that took place:

Tuesday August 16, 2011 - 4:30am EDT - UK CPI y/y
No trade and it did not hit my deviation. In saying this I did not take any pre or post news trading.

Wednesday August 17, 2011- 4:30am EDT - UK MPC Meeting Minutes
Prior to the release I recommended a pre news trade. Approximately 5 minutes prior to the news release I said we will be looking for a short term LONG position using GBP/USD pair. I would be out of this LONG trade 1 minute before the actual release or to avoid any spreads that should widen. This resulted me making 11Pips prior to the news release.
Once the news release came out two members (Dale and Weale) changed their votes from hike rates to unchanged and this gave us a vote of 0-0-9, which met the triggers to SELL GBP/USD. We witnessed a good 90pip drop due to the voting decision. I entered the trade as per the trade plan suggested and made some good pips. I walked out of this trade with 51 pips closing profit after 25 minutes. Total pips accrued for this release was 62Pips

Thursday August 18, 2011 - 4:30am EDT - UK Retail Sales
Lost about 11pips on pre news release trading, I then tried to enter on spike and I did not get filled on the spike. I made 12 pips from the retracement style trading making total pips accrued for my troubles - 1pip.

Thursday August 18, 2011 - 8:30am EDT - US Core CPI

Thursday August 18, 2011 - 10:00am EDT - US Existing Home Sales
US Existing Home Sales came out lower than I expected and the trade did not hit my triggers. There was conflict with the Philly Fed news as it came out a massive -30.7 and we witnessed this release take over the highlight of US existing home sales. After analyzing the situation I entered a BUY on EUR/USD position at 1.4289 and I was out of this trade with a 65 pip profit

Friday August 19, 2011 - 7:00am EDT - CA Core CPI m/m

Hope you have a great weekend. :)

All the Best
Stavro D’Amore
Wow stavro,

God bless you,It is good that you givr week in reviews.very good .keep it up.we all love you

Stavro, could you post marked up charts showing where you entered and exited the trades also on a 1min chart? It would be very informative. Thanks

Appreciate your week in review after. Thanks for highlighting and keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Back