Weekly outlook for the week beginning 4th March 2013

Jarratt Davis

Special Consultant to the FPA
Hi Everyone,

Last week we had a lot of action that moved the market and those moves were quite volatile and certainly mixed. This made it tricky to give signals that could be traded via the forum.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up for the week to come and alert you all to the things i am looking out for this week from a fundamental perspective... If any trades set up as expected i will endeavor to post them here in due course (Before they happen)

We have a lot of rate statements which usually give the market lots of stuff to digest and act upon, and the first of this weeks statements will be coming from the RBA in Australia. Everyone is watching this very closely and some traders are expecting a rate cut, although maybe not just yet ..... But you never know!

The key for this will be the statement that follows the announcement and the tone they set. I will be monitoring this very closely and looking for opportunities to enter, and of course share that trade with everyone here.

Wednesday, we have our focus shifting to the GBP, USD and CAD with the ADP non farm payroll from the US being one of the main highlights for me. The US is looking to improve the labour market and this will have a direct impact on their current monetary policy, so it is important for us to watch these numbers really closely.

Thursday, we will be focusing on the yen, which is already looking bearish .... So further statements from the BOJ about their intentions to ease will only push the currency further down against most majors (This means buying the yen pairs USD/JPY, EUR/JPY etc...)

Friday is of course dominated by the headline NFP number so it will probably be quite difficult to get any kind of useful trading signals via here that will be delivered in time etc... As that thing can move very far, very quickly!

Hope this helps, and i will will be looking to provide some clear signals for you as and if they set up based on the fundamentals!

Thanks everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator:

VirginFX

Private
Thanks, Jarrat. I got your book last week and am Getting through it. So far it is very interesting and worthwhile reading. I'm looking forward to tracking with you on FPA.

Ivan Helfman

Private
Does the book provide usable strategies for retail traders? Does it provide free online sources for quickly getting tradeable fundamental news?

Nirtara

Private
hi Jaratt, thanks for the analysis. Could you tell us please, what time will you put your post here everyday? In London time? I don't want to miss your sugestion.
so I can anticipate it & quickly to check your post around your time.
thanks again, Nirtara

Jarratt Davis

Does the book provide usable strategies for retail traders? Does it provide free online sources for quickly getting tradeable fundamental news?
Hi Ivan,

No it is not that type of book unfortunately! ..... The book is designed to show you how you can build up you trading and start trading for funds, or find your own clients and generally trade professionally for other people. It is catered for those that wish to make this into a business rather than simply trading their own money from home :)

Hope that helps, but if you have any more questions please let me know!

Jarratt Davis

Hey Nirtara,

I will try and post around an hour before each session kicks off ... So either 07:00 GMT , 22:00 GMT or 13:00 GMT

But i will only post if there is an actual trade.... I will also send out an email blast when a signal is posted so that you guys can get the alert and come and check it out etc...

Thanks!

jeff b

Private
How do u get on the e mail list?

Hey Nirtara,

I will try and post around an hour before each session kicks off ... So either 07:00 GMT , 22:00 GMT or 13:00 GMT

But i will only post if there is an actual trade.... I will also send out an email blast when a signal is posted so that you guys can get the alert and come and check it out etc...

Thanks!

Jarratt Davis

How do u get on the e mail list?
Hi Jeff,

It goes out to the FPA list so if you just sign up to that then you will get the emails when i send them :)

Hope that helps!

J