What does the FPA mean to you?

Pharaoh

Brigadier General
Hi Everyone!

This probably belongs in the General Discussion section, but I'm posting it in the Beginner's Bootcamp area to increase the number of people who see it. So many of our members come in, make one post, and then disappear, and we need to see what can be done to fix that.

First, a little background - I found out about Forex Bastards (the original name of this website) when I first started studying forex and was looking for some reviews on brokers. I really liked what Felix had written on the website and signed up for his email trading signals. Not too long after that, Felix and his team created this forum and eventually renamed it to be the Forex Peace Army.

By that time, I had signed up for a number of other forums, but I've done the majority of my posting here. The reason is that, unlike many of the other forums, this place seems a lot friendlier, and since it's smaller, it is easier for a new person to make a difference. Felix and his team have done a great job keeping spam and trolls to a minimum here, and I like that.

Another reason I've spent so much time here is that I believe that the FPA can become an incredible power for monitoring both the good and bad aspects of brokers and other providers of forex related products. As we all know, weeding out the good from the bad can be very challenging.

An additional reason (ok, I do tend to go on a bit) is that forex is something of a solitary pursuit for those of us who don't hang out in trading rooms. Therefor, in a way I think of all of my fellow traders here as my coworkers, and this forum is the office's break room.

Thus, I'll finally try to get to my main point (and there was MUCH rejoicing):

What else would the other members like to see here?

I do share your thought Sergeant Pharaoh

I really do share your thought Sir.
In real business world we may have met many kinds of business people. The good, bad and ugly businessmen. However how to differentiate between them so that we can avoid the bad and ugly businessmen.
This is where we can share information and experience and cut down all those bad ugly guys. Forums and reviews are the correct platform to do this.

We want to contribute positively in any means we can so as to cultivate a healthy and ethical business environment. That is the main reason why I fully support what Felix is doing in this website and in this forum.

History of forex peace army. hmm, sounds good, what I love here in this site is that I can relate to other people's forum, and I learn from their experiences. They respect your own ideas and thoughts. I hope newbies here like me will feel the same.

would somebody post a link where in i can find definition terms in forex trading?

Go fight & Get fixed

I come from ground Combat (USMC Sniper) as well as Civil Aviation (Airline Pilot/Flight Instructor). You learn from (what are most times fatal) mistakes of others.
The difference between a Platoon Commander and a Medical Triage Assignee is: One tells who to kill, the Other tells who to save.
This is one of the few places that doesn’t charge for public dialog and networking for both attack formations (how to get your pips) and medical triage (recovery from a scammer)
Here at FPA you have your basic training, then the attack plans: Daily Signals, Weekly trends, Monthly overviews. The Medical side: scam alerts, actual help when your down and out, and how not to F... up advise.
This is what I see happening here, and I like it. You people are real and when you aren’t someone will call you out and kick you in the shin’s to wake you up.

What the FPA means to me

Pharaoh, for me the FPA is more than just a forum, there are other forums out there that in my opinion do the forum thing a lot better, but that is all they really have to offer. Here at the FPA we have a multi-structured platform that encompasses not only an open forum, but also staggered levels catering for beginners and all the way up to seasoned traders. We have ongoing research, and testing of EA’s, reviews on every aspect of forex trading. The FPA has a fantastic educational component; it performs a “policing” role in the absence of a better word. It investigates and exposes “schiesters” and scams. Then we have the guidance and mediation role played by the ranked members and administrators. There are the fantastic market reports and forecasts by Sir Pipsalot, Sive Morten and Crazy Cat. I have always felt comfortable here, I savor the time I have to spend reading in the forum, I wish I had more time to spend in here. :D

Hi Everyone!

This probably belongs in the General Discussion section, but I'm posting it in the Beginner's Bootcamp area to increase the number of people who see it. So many of our members come in, make one post, and then disappear, and we need to see what can be done to fix that.

First, a little background - I found out about Forex Bastards (the original name of this website) when I first started studying forex and was looking for some reviews on brokers. I really liked what Felix had written on the website and signed up for his email trading signals. Not too long after that, Felix and his team created this forum and eventually renamed it to be the Forex Peace Army.

By that time, I had signed up for a number of other forums, but I've done the majority of my posting here. The reason is that, unlike many of the other forums, this place seems a lot friendlier, and since it's smaller, it is easier for a new person to make a difference. Felix and his team have done a great job keeping spam and trolls to a minimum here, and I like that.

Another reason I've spent so much time here is that I believe that the FPA can become an incredible power for monitoring both the good and bad aspects of brokers and other providers of forex related products. As we all know, weeding out the good from the bad can be very challenging.

An additional reason (ok, I do tend to go on a bit) is that forex is something of a solitary pursuit for those of us who don't hang out in trading rooms. Therefor, in a way I think of all of my fellow traders here as my coworkers, and this forum is the office's break room.

Thus, I'll finally try to get to my main point (and there was MUCH rejoicing):

What else would the other members like to see here?

Hi there Pharaoh ! Like I've said a few times before, I am actually undergoing my self - studying about forex before I actually trade live accounts
and FPA is like a guide to me through it's members. I have all my questions answered here.Thank you very much for that . So FPA for me is my teacher.MORE POWER ! :D

Back