What Forex Journals/Magazines do you subscribe to?

quicksilver

Private, 1st Class
Searched this forum for forex journals and forex magazines and didn't find any thread, so creating a new one.

As the title suggests, what journals do you guys subscribe to and is the content worth the subscription?

To get started, I subscribe to YTEMagazine and currently finished my trial subscription to Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities (might consider subscribing to them full time).

In short YTE has some decent content including trading strategies, risk/money management as well as trader interviews. Tech. Analysis of S&C has purely technical analysis. While I don't trade stocks, I do find the articles interesting in terms of the approach/strategies that they write about.

Can others chip in and add to the list?

I've got a subscription to Futures magazine, but almost never have time to read it.

I do a bit of reading for an hour or two before going to bed. The latest trading system i'm learning about is the Volume spread analysis and it looks to be quite an interesting system.

Reviving this thread.

So besides YTE, i've recently subscribed to Tech. Analysis of Stocks/Comm. by Traders.com.

I like futures mag but they only dedicate one or two pages towards traders.

There are also some really valuable and free PDF's mags that are released online.

I read forex charts as they are all that matters in my opinion. As others said in this thread I do not have time to read magazines.

Hello Guys,

During the high school days I used to read several magazines. With the job and all cannot find time even there are good trading magazines available.

Hello Guys,
During the high school days I used to read several magazines. With the job and all cannot find time even there are good trading magazines available.
If you really love trading, you WILL eventually find or make time for it. Maybe not for viewing trading magazines, but for learning about trading or doing trading itself.

I have some subscription to the news websites and those regarding the market price action, but i seldom look at such things because of heavy schedule.

Almost daily, I received in my 3 e-mail addresses:

1) eFXnews....for fundamental analysis of possible currencies movements
2) FXstreet.com....analysis of currencies
3) Investopedia.com .....analysis of just about every types of trades
4) BabyPips.com...currencies analysis and to see what other traders are doing
5) PipHut.com ....daily analysis of EUR/USD
6) TheGeekKnows.com...analysis of currencies and also fundamentals
7) Larry Levin....various technical & fundamental analysis
8) Silver-Gold Prices Live 24 hours.....reports & analysis of metals
9) Kingsview Financial....commodities analysis & reports
10) Bloomberg reports & analysis on financial and economics
11) A numbers of analysis (both technical & fundamentals) from various brokers...i.e FXCC, Pellucid, Deltastock AD, etc2
12) Follow analysis & signals provider from here at the FPA...particularly post from Sive and horlique2

I actually read most of the reports & analysis on a daily basis :p

And does that make my trades any more profitable???
Answer: It can become bloody confusing because of conflicting reports & analysis

I have come to the conclusion that....after reading most of these reports, analysis, signals....I make better profits if I trade based on my own opinion and analysis.
Problem is, sometimes some of these analysis bend my better judgement and I over traded based on these analysis on a "just in case he/she is correct" mentality. And in such situation, the inevitable happens and my accounts goes in margin call and get wiped out. That happened to me 4 times just last month and it really is beginning to pissed me off...especially since I managed to increased two of that accounts by over 400%.

So, my personal opinion is: By all means read all those hundreds and thousands of reports, analysis, signals, etc...but make your trades based on your own judgement of probable market movements.

I have some subscription to the news websites and those regarding the market price action, but i seldom look at such things because of heavy schedule.
Free or paid subscription?
If the latter, then it is just a waste of money, don't you think?

Back