What is Dealing Desk Broker???

fat_forex

Recruit
Please someone here tell me about "Dealing Desk Broker"
I do not know this yet, it make me curious.
Please tell me what is it and how does their work??

In the old days, a dealing desk manually passed trades on to the market or to liquidity providers. This meant that every order was subject to manual manipulation by a dealer.

Now the term is used much more loosely in the forex market. In theory, an electronic dealing desk should hedge the net orders a broker receives against the real market every so often. This means that the broker is not an STP or ECN - those should be passing each order directly to the broker's liquidity providers.

Please someone here tell me about "Dealing Desk Broker"
I do not know this yet, it make me curious.
Please tell me what is it and how does their work??

Forex brokers that work through Dealing Desk (DD) brokers profit through spreads and giving liquidity to their customers. Additionally called "market makers," Dealing Desk brokers truly make a market for their customers, which means they regularly take the opposite side of a customer’s trade.

Dealing desk broker is a manual process broker. Basically this broker passes their trader liquid currency. This broker works through a fixed desk that’s why it’s called dealing desk broker. They are also known as market makers. Dealing desk brokers make their profit through their spreads and they always gives their trader liquidity. But now a days traders are getting more advanced and rather than dealing desk broker they prefer to trade with forex broker.

Minimal deposit for brokers is way bigger in general, than for a dealing center. Also dealing center offers different kind of bonuses, brokers usually don't have those. But broker has a lower spread. These are just theories, and it was obvious before. And these days brokers and dealing centers became very similar.

This question's always bothered me, but I could never find a decent explanation. Well, thank you for making clear and explaining in an understandable langauge what Dealing Desk Broker is.

By using a dealing desk, a forex broker who is registered as a Futures Commission Merchant (FCM) and Retail Foreign Exchange Dealer (RFED) can offset trades. If a no dealing desk system is used, positions are automatically offset and then transmitted directly to the interbank.

Thanks for the explanation, but is it good or bad idea entirely anyway? I assume it's all very old school and you couldn't really understand it's meaning or practical sense now so be sure I will be able to compete with it later.

Dealing desk broker is a manual process broker. Basically this broker passes their trader liquid currency. This broker works through a fixed desk that’s why it’s called dealing desk broker. They are also known as market makers. Dealing desk brokers make their profit through their spreads and they always gives their trader liquidity. But now a days traders are getting more advanced and rather than dealing desk broker they prefer to trade with forex broker.
do these still exist?

Dealing desk broker is broker which they can manipulate the prices, the charting prices that shows in the platform is not reflected real market condition, and usually, they often facing requote, slippage, and abnormal movement with stop loss hunters

Back