• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

What is The BEST BROKER for TRADING NEWS????

For all TRADING...

.... in currencies - THE CME (Chicago) and any BIG, NFA member, a Broker that will give you your level of service.

There are many AND they never SCAM!!!!!!

OZ in 'Spring Weather in Kyiv':)

A "big NFA broker". you mean like FXCM?. Yeah, right. They are the biggest scam artists around. Being big means nothing, look for an ECN like Hotspot or MBT. Trading the news is not the free lunch it once was but if you learn from guys like Felix, Sir Pips and Jimmy Young it can be done profitably.

Phil Bud !!!

A "big NFA broker". you mean like FXCM?. Yeah, right........... ....it can be done profitably.

This getting to be my favorite line here....

"sometimes it is best to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to OPEN your mouth and remove all DOUBT!" :D

READ my post.... CME = Chicago Mercatile Exchange.... trading futures currencies with the CME backing it ALL!!!

NOT ungegulated FOREX!!!!!!!

When will you small $$$ guys learn???

OZ in "giving Sh_t Land!"

Oz,

I agree with your statement about the CME. Absolutely legit for futures. However I don't think he was asking about futures #1.
#2. Your sentence says CME AND big NFA brokers. Which usually means both. So I'm not sure who's the fool. Maybe be a little clearer or don't get your feelings hurt when someone disagrees with you.
#3 you have no idea what kind of money I'm trading.
#4 Chill out. Just trying to help, as I'm sure you were. No reason for the insults.

Last edited:
Don't mind Oz. He's just got a fetish for forex futures as opposed to spot forex.

I don't try to trade news spikes. Felix does, and judging by what I've seen him write, I believe MB Trading is his favorite broker. One big drawback is they don't exactly have the most intuitive interface, so you'll definitely want to practice in demo mode for awhile to get the hang of it if you want to go with them.

Guys....

:p Phar Man & phil Man.... my fetish comes from this: SCAMMING!

In CME futures there is none!

The charts (ie Euro) mirror each other (diff. prices) but the same action.

The commissions in futures is a hell of a lot cheaper than 3,4 pip spreads.

I REPEAT! THE ONLY REASON TO TRADE FOREX IS YOU CAN DO IT WITH SMALL $$$ !

I have sat in a 'bucket shop' (although a small one) here in Kyiv with the owner Victor! People can open accounts here for $20!! Thats ridiculous!

phil, if you are trading regular size contracts then why NOT go to futures?

I would be curious to UNDERSTAND your position?

OZ

I thought spot forex was forex futures. Please clarify. What are we trading with regular forex brokers? What's the difference between spot forex and forex?

I can't believe PEOPLE actually risk $$$...

.... with out knowing what they are doing AND who they are doing it with!

The Foreign Currency Exchange Market

Also known as the spot currency or forex market, the foreign currency exchange market is the largest market in the world, consisting of about $1.9 trillion in transactions every day. It is different from other markets not only because of its tremendous volume but also because of its extreme liquidity. The Forex Market is an over the counter, or decentralized market. This means that traders may choose from a number of dealers to make a trade with, as opposed to the stock market for example, in which all trades of a particular stock must pass through one point. This allows for much more price competition.

The market is essentially composed of six types of participants: commercial and investment banks, central banks, corporations, global funds, and retail clients (individual traders). Commercial and investment banks trade on what is known as the ‘interbank’ market and make up the largest portion of forex trading. They trade for themselves as well as for their customers, and balance accounts by trading with each other. Central banks, large corporations, and hedge funds all trade on the interbank system as well. As the largest investors in forex, and with their well-established credit relationships, the members of the interbank system trade with the best rates. About three quarters of the daily volume of the forex market is exchanged in the interbank system.
1)
......... is an over the counter, or decentralized market​

IS THIS A GOOD THING? THIS ALLOWS PRICE MANIPULATION!!​

2)
.......... as opposed to the stock market for example, in which all trades of a particular stock must pass through one point​

THIS IS A GOOD THING!!! NO SCAMMING!!!!!!!​

Do you want a LEVEL playing field???​

O Z in "Duh land" :confused:

stop loss 15 pips became 44 pips

Hello,i'm new to this trading news strategy and using FXCM..so if i'm being stupid..sorry..in the morning b4,i've been trading usd/cad..i'd put sell pending order 0.9862 b4 the news and stop loss 0.9877..thats just 15 stop loss right..4 minutes later, my sell pending order is execute and suddenly the price go up about 0.9935.the point is, why my close position became 0.9906 and give me 44 pips lost..???is this scam or what??

Back