• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

What is the best forex strategy for beginners?

xelmo

Recruit
I'm not really a beginner, because I start trade a few months ago. I'm a self-taught!

The purpose of this post is to start a discussion about what are on the market today the best resources/courses for newbie, both free and not-free.

Thanks

To learn Forex you do not need to buy any product as there is enough Study Material on FPA and baby pips.

But you are after a Strategy for a beginner, and I would recommend any strategy which is based on longer timeframe 4HR, Daily, Weekly. Most traders loose money when they do overtrade or chase loosing trade and that normally happens in IntraDay trading. Search for Fibonacci Makeover for trading once in a week system.

I'm not really a beginner, because I start trade a few months ago. I'm a self-taught!

The purpose of this post is to start a discussion about what are on the market today the best resources/courses for newbie, both free and not-free.

Thanks

FPA, Babypips,FF are some of the best places to learn about forex trading free of charge. To get updates on news, trends and read articles you can go to forexlive, dailyfx, 02ndskies forex, etc.

Thanks
There is a great buzz about an Italian profitable strategy called Smalfi.
They state that with only 10 mins a day they can manage all and make profits.
Do you know it?

If it works, I'd be interested in more info. However, publicity can be purchased. I'd like to see some real trading records to back up how successful Smalfi claims to be.

Balance graph looks good, but check out the equity line - that includes floating P/L. The floating losses at some points are huge.

Balance graph looks good, but check out the equity line - that includes floating P/L. The floating losses at some points are huge.

If I read properly they never suffered any loss

They wrote that everything is calculated in advance

sounds interesting

They never suffered any loss because they left losing trades open until those trades came back into profit. This can work some of the time, but can also result in a margin call if the market moves too far against those open trades.

Look at the yellow line undeneath the red line on those charts. Also note the 68.91% drawdown number. The system does appear to be making a profit, but it is taking very large risks to do so.

Back