What kind of news should I pay attention to?

Azlan00IM

Private
Hi, I noticed that even the news is labeled as high impact news at forex factory, it is not really affecting the currency. Can anyone tell me what type of news should I pay attention to?

It's not just High, but the results should be unexpected or the expectations should be uncertain.

For example, USD intereest rate announcements are very high impact, but if everyone expects the Fed to hold steady on rates and the Fed does hold steady, then the markets won't react much.

GDP, FOMC meetups/press conferences, Employment numbers -- these 3 are usually what i care about. Others do not really matter to me personally.

Many news traders perform well in the markets. They have their own customized way of looking at fundamentals. To each his own.

GDP, FOMC meetups/press conferences, Employment numbers -- these 3 are usually what i care about. Others do not really matter to me personally.

Many news traders perform well in the markets. They have their own customized way of looking at fundamentals. To each his own.

Agreed. With time, when you follow the news you would start to see which ones impact the market and which ones do not.

Hello,
all good sites provide the degree of importance of that news via importance meter. High importance news always effect the market or the stock or the currency. The main reason for that particular news to make an impact depends upon the difference between the actual result and the market expectations. If the data released is allot more than or less than the market expectation or analyst expectations, the news is 100% impact-able but if the data released was in accordance to market expectations, then market is likely not to respond much. So, high importance news should be kept in view along with market expectations.Better the results, more the impact and static the result, lesser the impact.​

Happy Trading :)

How About NFP And Rate Decisions ?

I will recommend to be extremely careful on those conference and major news such as ECB, BOC, NFP, Bank Rates, FOMC. Other than those, maybe can consider to remaining the open position, and no new position.

I will recommend to be extremely careful on those conference and major news such as ECB, BOC, NFP, Bank Rates, FOMC. Other than those, maybe can consider to remaining the open position, and no new position.

I have seen and done trades in the events like the NFP and the ECB but what i would like to say from my past trading experiences is that it is not easy to be done.

I mean there are times when our trades are not good and we only get a loss :(

News can bring increased volatility in the forex market you need to pay attention to economic news coupled with inflation and also geo-political news. And trading currency pair that have high market liquidity in the market is of great advantage since they have the tightest spread because news report tends to widen spread.

News can bring increased volatility in the forex market you need to pay attention to economic news coupled with inflation and also geo-political news. And trading currency pair that have high market liquidity in the market is of great advantage since they have the tightest spread because news report tends to widen spread.

News trading is more risky for many traders and same is the case with me as i have seen most of the times when the news is coming in the markets we see traders getting huge losses.

So if a trader is not aware of how to trade with the news he must avoid doing it o_O

Back