What kind of news should I pay attention to?

You can focus on the economic policies of central bank, foreign relations of the major countries, manufacturing and employment data.

Quite often a lot of movements happen in anticipation of the news and not during it. It’s the unexpected news that’s the problem
Quite agree with you. News as it self is unexpected thing so that's why we use risk management and money management practicies, they include such unexpectedness of news, you know. I guess that every trader must follow economic news majorly, plus in dependance on the preferable asset we can add here political news, because it also affects currencies prices and assets prices.
Moreover, if a trader tends to trade such assets which are connected with green economy, he also must monitor such kinds of news, anyway everything closes in economy. Economic calendar is created to help traders I believe.

Hugh impat news and depending on what pairs you trade .
Most likely USD high impact news for most traders

US data, NFP, CPI, FOMC decision. Basically it depends on the pair you trade but watch out for central banks meetings because often they initiate medium-term trends.

I feel that it is only some really serious kind of news that you should pay attention to while trading like NFP, OPEC and something like that. Minor news are really difficult to follow and it is also difficult to estimate.

Any red folder news I would not be trading 45mins before or after. The market can swing either way and trap you in a position. After 45mins I think it settles and you have a much clearer picture

Pay attention to the news that may affect central bank decisions or fiscal policy changes. This is the key to successful news trading.

Back