What kind of news should I pay attention to?

It is pretty hard to predict whether the news will have a strong impact on the market or not. It requires certain experience in analysing the news. As for me, I pay attention only to those news which are highly discussed, they are usually labeled as breaking news. It is something like NFP, OPEC related news, some economic reports and so on.

Traders should primarily focus on macroeconomics news which can include changes in interest rates, inflation, unemployment levels or retail income of a specific country. These kinds of news have a significant impact on the market sentiment and adding it to technical and fundamental approaches can spot many opportunities.

It is really hard to be a success in fundamental analysis because you've got to know the economics and the factors which drive the prices. It is okay to do when it comes about investing in stocks, but I cannot imagine analysing the news about currencies. I believe that practically any news may affect the market in the most unpredictable way. I pay attention only to some most important events like NFP or OPEC+ or COVID statistics and something like that.

regarding news trading, I trade only on NFP and only on Gold because it's reaction to labor data is much more profitable according to my experience

Red folder news about 1hr before and after can be volatile.
Intrest rates and NFP especially if trading USD pairs

It is hard to trade on news when we talk about forex.
The thing is that practically everything can affect the currency prices and it is really hard to filter the news in order to have the clear-cut idea of the future prices of this or that currency. I personally prefer to base my trading decisions on technical analysis and sometimes I use fundamental one, especially if we talk about NFP.

You have to pay attention to all the news which somehow concerns the matter of your trading. If you're a day trader and got used to trade eur/gbp then you have to check the news which are connected with european union and the USA. I believe in this case you will be able to analyze everything that happens to economics. Of course, some traders don't even check the news and trade the way they like. Inm y opinion, it's also okay, because when you are concentrated on a certain task it will be easier for you to gain money. However, traders should be really flexible and the news also is included in this thing.

If you happen to ask this question, I recommend you to stay away from trading according to the news. Such a trading style is very hard to implement in real trading. THat is why, if you feel unconfortable or at a loss, I strongly recommend to concentrate on technical analysis and conventional trading.

Back