What pairs do you usually trade ?

I trade on majors as well. Pairs such as EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, EURJPY, EURGBP usually get more liquidity and come with less spread. However, if other pairs offers excellent risk-reward and produce an A+ trade setup, I trade on them too.

I trade on majors as well. Pairs such as EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, EURJPY, EURGBP usually get more liquidity and come with less spread. However, if other pairs offers excellent risk-reward and produce an A+ trade setup, I trade on them too.
Agree with you, on exotic pairs spread is usually to big so my choice is majors too.

I have been trading in the EURUSD and the GBPUSD as these are the most profitable pairs to trade with.

Major pairs are not the most profitable but the safest. Majors are more predictable and less volatile. Volatility depends on the volume of the money supply. Exotic currencys are not large in mass, so they are more volatile. Volatility gives the potential for both super-profits and super-losses.

I prefer to trade only with major pairs due to their less volatility and more liquidity. And moreover can get plethora of opinions on forums for majors lol

I personally tend to suppose that you should choose the currency pair according to your strategy, of course some scalping strategies suit every currency pair, but also we have to pay attention to volatility and th time which we want to trade. In my opinion, all major currencies and their combinations are worth to be traded, such as eur/usd, usd/jpy/ nzd/eur and stuff like that. However it almost impossible to elaborate a strategy for these pairs mainly because they seem to me unpredictable. Actually, no matter which currency pair do you pick the matter is how it's possible to make a trend work on you, you know.

Only majors! I am not going to learn about other third-country's economy and specifics, I've got much to learn about majors.

Well I can trade on major pairs like EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, EURGBP, GBPCAD etc. But sometimes I can trade on USDMXN, USDZAR. Sometimes it can be GOLD or SILVER. Everything depends on the market.

Back