Whats a good amount to start with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll have enough for $100 to start trading. Do not rush to invest large sums of money until you have gained enough experience in trading. Ideally, trade on a demo account and gain skills and experience. The main thing is not to be greedy. Trading is not a lottery; it requires a lot of effort and knowledge.

With the more amount you start the better will be your profits if all will be well, it's just obvious. This thread is so old, I mean it's like 12 years old, I still can't believe it. So much time have passed and I am more older than I was. Let us know how is it going, topic starter ;)
and i wounder how much people have made in 12 years?

You'll have enough for $100 to start trading. Do not rush to invest large sums of money until you have gained enough experience in trading. Ideally, trade on a demo account and gain skills and experience. The main thing is not to be greedy. Trading is not a lottery; it requires a lot of effort and knowledge.
You can rush o high profits but they are not easy to catch.. It can be harmful if you not treat it properly in time. I use the small investment for start. Everyone should take start with amount that is easy to loose that will not be a problem if is not result in profitable trading. One can grow his investment if he is making profits , it means he is able to to manage the amount what he had as a capital.

Hello :) I just opened a demo account with oanda. I have been told by several people that I should practice on this demo for at least a few months until I'm comfortable. After that, however, whats a good amount to start LIVE with? 200 dollars or more?
Should be an ok amount to start with. But if you are totally new, I would stick to 0.01 lots or demo account whilst you learn.

Always start with low to avoid the risk. A low amount of investment counteracts the risk factor in your trading practice.

Very simple formula the amount you had and bear it easily invest as a starter in forex trading . There is no need to invest high amount when you are just a beginner. You ease is your safety. In financial and risky business there is always a chance to loose the amount so first get experience to use the investment then decide for bigger investment

I advise you not to rush to open a real account, and for now to practice on a demo and gain experience. When you feel ready to trade with real money, I advise you not to open your first account for more than $100. From personal experience, I know that trading on a demo account is very different from trading on a real account because of a psychological factor. So trade for at least a month with small investments, and over time you can increase your investments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back