Whats a good amount to start with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello :) I just opened a demo account with oanda. I have been told by several people that I should practice on this demo for at least a few months until I'm comfortable. After that, however, whats a good amount to start LIVE with? 200 dollars or more?
Don’t put to much in at start and only out in what you can afford to loose

it's hard say how much need money start. i think depending how much can you give. if you can trade 10$ - trade 10$.
if you can trade 10k - trade 10k.
everything depend how much can you trade.

If you treat trading seriously, then your real account shouldn't be less than $10,000.
I do really understand that this sum of money is relatively big, but it will give you some motivation to keep on learning and develop your skills when you will get some tangible money for trading. Technically, you can start wwith $100 or even $10, but it will be more gambling than trading and you'll never learn how to trade having some decent sum of money at your disposal.

There is no such a notion as "the good amount of money to start with". Everything is individual, but, of course to start with s smal amount of money isn't recommended just because it will take you lots of time and nerves to boos it until ou start to have a solid income. Some professional traders recommend to start with 100$ and more, because if you want to dive into trading and comply money management this is a minimum sum of money. Accroding to money management it's required to open a position bidding no more than 5% of your deposit, so if you have 100$ you should open a position with 5$ or less. If you don't care about money management and want to rush (it's not advisable) you can start from the lower sum and open a position with a suitable sum.

I would recommend starting with $1000. The main thing to consider is your risk management. I risk 1-2% of my account on each trade. You need to stay disciplined, even more so with a smaller account. Keep to your strategy and don't risk over 5% of your account.

Yes, I think serious trader they start with high capital at least $1K to start, but if still new in the real trading account, $200 already good to learn how to improve psychology trading in real account.
Don't you personally rhink that these amont of money can be quite low especially for novices? I mean 200$. You have to note that first several deposits are just like a training machine. A new trader will test his strategy, despite the fact that he/she must train it on demo, he/she will train on a real account in order to see is there any progress or not. As a rule first deposits are just eventually be dumped. Traders must have take it for granted in my opinion, they should understand that these losses are just their experience which will help them not to make mistakes in future, hence 200$ is really quite low sum. I guess it's better to start with 1k$.

Don't you personally rhink that these amont of money can be quite low especially for novices? I mean 200$. You have to note that first several deposits are just like a training machine. A new trader will test his strategy, despite the fact that he/she must train it on demo, he/she will train on a real account in order to see is there any progress or not. As a rule first deposits are just eventually be dumped. Traders must have take it for granted in my opinion, they should understand that these losses are just their experience which will help them not to make mistakes in future, hence 200$ is really quite low sum. I guess it's better to start with 1k$.
Indeed better to use bigger capital like as you said,1k$, but maybe not all traders have and will to spent its amount money, forex always is risky, golden rules investing money in high-risk business is just spent money that affords to lose, I think with $200 trader can use the mini account and start with lowest lot size, just opinion.

Hello :) I just opened a demo account with oanda. I have been told by several people that I should practice on this demo for at least a few months until I'm comfortable. After that, however, whats a good amount to start LIVE with? 200 dollars or more?
Hi. 200 USD is good money to start. But please do not open big lots, start from 0.01 and everything will be good

I started with $100 and went back to deposit more later. It made me feel a little less anxious only having deposited that much versus thousands of dollars. Also didn’t have thousands at first.
Some brokers will let you sign up with like $10, but I’d say $200 is a good start if you can afford it. Of course more is better, but nothing wrong with starting there.

Start with a small amount and open small lot sizes in the beginning. Gradually increase the amount and only risk the amount which you can afford to lose also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back