• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

What’s the best forex broker to choose?

Australian regulators are **** to say the least..
Think market's won't let you turn a profit

Global prime are okay though =)
im very curious to know what is the problem with asic regulators? and why you think they're ****? you had any specific issues? my broker fp markets is australian, should i pay attention to anything in particular?

im very curious to know what is the problem with asic regulators? and why you think they're ****? you had any specific issues? my broker fp markets is australian, should i pay attention to anything in particular?
Regulation is a small part of picking a broker.

Put it this way: why did you pick FP markets in particular (out of hundreds of broker choices)?

What’s the best forex broker to choose? I want really an Australian based one.

I highly suggest checking some reviews, and take your time backtesting on demos. check also regulation bodies and how their policies affect leverage caps etc.

Australian regulators are **** to say the least..
Think market's won't let you turn a profit

Global prime are okay though =)

oh i always had the opinion theywere okay but regualtory policies arent always the best and cause trading limitiations.. but may i ask specifically why you said that?

Regulation is a small part of picking a broker.

Put it this way: why did you pick FP markets in particular (out of hundreds of broker choices)?
My friend told me about fp markets initially but i did my own research before signing up, the main things that made me sign up with them is because they have good reputation on the forums and review sites and they're working for a very long time now. I don't think a bad broker will survive that many years unless they were having good services and good reputation. Of course i also checked the spreads and all costs, deposit and withdrawals, trading restrictions since i like to scalp, the customer support, opened a demo although we all know that demo cant even compare with real accounts in execution. But regarding regulation i think its important because in case you have an issue with the broker you have where to complain to and as far as i've seen and heard ASIC is a serious regulator with good trader protection.But regardless of all these factors all brokers nowadays offer pretty much the same thing, they are very competitive, so the personal experience is the best to rely on. I always start with small accounts.

I think you should watch this video and ask yourself how easy it is for unsuspecting clients to be fooled:

Back