What's the Best Leading Technical Indicator?

I would have the ichimoku cloud and the general market trend as a my leading indicators.

From experience, the two will give it right for longer time frames.

GOR

any indicator that follow the price is a lagging indicator not a leading one, however you can use them do lead you by using a divergence of the MACD or any such indicator but of course there is nothing will be true all the time. so you have to expect some losses.

LOL, Congratulations for posting on a very old thread. Why you guys don't check the date or the year of the thread before posting ? Thread starter probably left the FPA at the moment.

A leading indicator gives a signal before the new trend or reversal occurs.You're probably thinking, "Ooooh, I'm going to get rich with leading indicators!" since you would be able to profit from a new trend right at the start.You're right.

You would "catch" the entire trend every single time, IF the leading indicator was correct every single time. But it won't be.

When you use leading indicators, you will experience a lot of fakeouts. Leading indicators are notorious for giving bogus signals which could "mislead" you.

Haha. Man we're so funny we even crack ourselves up.

daily pivot points are the fastest leading indicator know to traders , plotted at market open valid the whole day, 89% to 100% accutate. GU EU friday 100% same on UJ last friday.............................

LOL, Congratulations for posting on a very old thread. Why you guys don't check the date or the year of the thread before posting ? Thread starter probably left the FPA at the moment.
you are correct, but the question remains relevant especially for newbies

RSI, Fibs and BB would do the job but be careful with Stoch! In trending market Stoch is waist-less. Stochastic is good only if backing up with ADX. When ADX downwards Stochastic is the king but when upwards forget Stoch. Stochi is range indicator.
fx avatar

Back