What's the Best Leading Technical Indicator?

Indicators,funny

"Support & resistance are very predictive the best out there"- I agree and thats all I use. Thats it. Kept me in the game for several years now. After all the Indicators(lagging or otherwise)have been tried - its PA ,near levels of S/R ,that have been the most consistent in predicting short term price movement-IMO. Only time/experience will convince though. I always did love tinkering with Indicators-it helped distract me from the crippling losses I sustained while using them.

Hi Ernest8Fingers, although I dont yet have enough experience to comment, I find our last line incredibly funny and well put.. ...I always did love tinkering with Indicators-it helped distract me from the crippling losses I sustained while using them...

I consider Bollinger Bands, slow stochs, three line break/Kagi confirmation as very effective.`but any of these indicators are useful if they help you visualize price movement.

Whether an indicator is the best, most effective or profitable is very much dependent on the trader who is using it.

Personally, I use the MA, Stochastic and ADX in my trading.

We all know that momentum indicators tend to be lagging indicators. What indicators do you use for leading indicators?

A leading indicator would be one that signaled the direction of price movement at least 1-2 bars before it happens.

Any suggestions?

MM

Easy answer= the price itself. Everything else will be laggy

From my experience leading indicators are: Renko bars (no competition), Bollinger Bands, Stochastic 80/20 break, Pin bars, Engulfing, Support & Resistance and Trend lines break, especially confluence between them.
Cheers fx avatar

as to me I prefer to trade with ichimoku indicator and Parabolic. It is not so difficult but works rather good.

In general oscillators are leading and momentum indicators are lagging but in the praxis it is not so exact! I would say price action is #1 then MACD or CCI divergence, BB, horizontal S & R and break of trendlines are also accurate signals. But with the leading indicators come lot of false signals, especially on lower TF charts. The higher time frame the better results with all indicators. Even better results are with indicators on Renko charts! It is a good habit to look for confluence on combination of leading and lagging indicators. One compensates for the other.
Don't put a few lagging or leading indicators on one chart! Combine them.
Cheers fx avatar

Back