What's your SLIPPAGE? (broker comparing by end users)

Rentech

Private
I'm very curious about people's experience with slippage from your broker.
I used to use Oanda a few years back, and I remember never having any slippage. Though i was only trading microlots at the time.

I would like it if you can post the name of your broker and what you estimate to be your average slippage per trade (including open and close). You should probably include your normal trade size too if you dont mind.

Thanks for participating and helping the community!

Thank you BigT1, I've seen this site. I was more curious about how consistent people's slippage was.

For example, do you get the same slippage on every trade even if the market is slow? Do you always get slippage? etc.

Hello BigT1

Thanks for the useful link, slippage usual/mainly occurs during high volatile trading, so it would be best to look at the lower spread before slippage in your link, would you agree with my thinking ?

I set my "Deviation" at 1 pip level (Tools>Options>Trades) for open/close trades, do you think this might help cut the sl/gap (slippage) also ?

Thanks in advance

Good luck
ilearn2t

Hello BigT1

Thanks for the useful link, slippage usual/mainly occurs during high volatile trading, so it would be best to look at the lower spread before slippage in your link, would you agree with my thinking ?

I set my "Deviation" at 1 pip level (Tools>Options>Trades) for open/close trades, do you think this might help cut the sl/gap (slippage) also ?

Yes, I certainly agree. At that site you can evaluate both spreads and slippage. I use ECN/STP commission brokers myself. I prefer tipping my waiter based on performance, rather than allowing the restaurant to pad the bill for all inclusive service, good or bad.

Back