What's your view/opinion on today's market movements?

Our main purpose & focus in trading the forex market is, and should be, to make money and not, like so many have and are still doing, taking on high adrenaline filled trades in forecasting/predicting and, indeed, gambling that the market will move in a certain direction.

Not sure what you meant by this statement but in my view forecasting/predicting that the market will move in a certain direction is not gambling but trading and I think I have proved there is a difference between the two with the few trades, +1000's of pip's I have shared in this thread with only 1 trade idea going against me (DJ30) which I managed to get out of in profit and not including my gold trade Idea which is still playing out!

The big money to be made in the markets are by gaining pips (forecasting/predicting), positive swap is just the icing on the cake;)

D1 gold trade idea!

I have placed limit buy order's @ $1281.19,$1271.57 and $1257.86 1st targeting $1321.97 SL $1239.00

Since price has not given clear sign of retracement (no sell signal) I may have to update the levels in due time but I do expect a pullback on smaller time frames as I have H4 in over brought

P.S. My W1 trade idea still stands and this is a D1 trade;)

Not sure what you meant by this statement but in my view forecasting/predicting that the market will move in a certain direction is not gambling but trading and I think I have proved there is a difference between the two with the few trades, +1000's of pip's I have shared in this thread with only 1 trade idea going against me (DJ30) which I managed to get out of in profit and not including my gold trade Idea which is still playing out!
The big money to be made in the markets are by gaining pips (forecasting/predicting), positive swap is just the icing on the cake;)

Hi dikami ;)........nope, absolutely no reflection on your trading style and strategy at all which I believe is working very well for you ;)

I was thinking of those who make their trades based on "certain technical patterns" and disregarding important fundamental news.
Like, for example, one "analyst" posting last week to "sell" the USD/JPY at the 101. levels and will "advice when to get out" but never did and then posted this week of "breakeven" trade :p

You doing well my friend! :cool:
========================================

As mentioned previously, I try not to touch metals cause have been burned too many times in the past....but I think your analysis of gold is pretty sound.

O ok yea I didn't see that U/Y trade and personally I don't take other trader's trade's unless they agree with what I'm looking at!

I must say that I take very little notice of the news as I'm a firm believer that what's known about the market is already priced in and that's what gives you the entry's to get into the right direction of up coming news event's, there is one exception and that is breaking new's like natural disasters:(

My 1st trade idea AUDNZD (D1 trade) is perfect example of this even when RBNZ raised cash rate just after I got buy entry,Yes I got out with a few pips scared off by the fundamentals but the dame thing hit it's 1st target @ 1.0946 near end of last month still with me missing out on about 400pips:mad:

The days with important and fundamental news i don´t trade.
In other days I follow technical patterns and and don´t care nothing more.

UPDATES:

Another week, and another dollar added into my trading account!:p

If based on initial re-funding and re-starting trading account on 12/April/2014, ending last Friday, 21/June/2014 trading week, my profit would have been 342.42% over total deposits....BUT it's not and this will be the last time I mention that:p

With that additional deposit, ending last Friday, 21/June/2014 trading week, my profit is now 241.53% over total deposits....
....equity & free margin are at healthy level (1,154.94%).... running trades take in daily positive swaps of AUD155.34 x 365 days = AUD56,699.10 accumulative positive swaps if left running for one whole year.
Quite a numbers of running trades went into decent profits and I would have closed them out if not for the fact that I was already asleep when that happened :p

Last Thursday, I have requested for a withdrawal to take back some of my deposit money, and it is under process and don't expect to see the money in my bank until past noon on Monday.

After withdrawal money is already in my bank account, I will reduce total deposits in my trading account accordingly and that will have a dramatic effect on the total increased of profit over total deposits :cool:............in actual fact, if I were to do that right now, the total profit over total deposits would jump up to 360.05%:p

Stay cool, stress free, and (above all) do enjoy your trading coz that's the way to trade profitably and consistently :cool:

D1 gold trade idea!

I have placed limit buy order's @ $1281.19,$1271.57 and $1257.86 1st targeting $1321.97 SL $1239.00

Since price has not given clear sign of retracement (no sell signal) I may have to update the levels in due time but I do expect a pullback on smaller time frames as I have H4 in over brought

P.S. My W1 trade idea still stands and this is a D1 trade;)

Price has just broken the top without giving nice pullback and RR therefore this trade is invalid!

Not all lost I still hold from 61.8 fib for W1 trade(about 620pips up as I write not to mention my 50fib entry about +379pips):D

Spewing I got out of my lowest entry but 751pips I shouldn't complain:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hello dkami

Can you open a new thread about your trading methods, so others can understand it a bit more. ;)

Hello RahmanSL

Keep them "Swaps" going. :)

Give the family my love. :D

Good luck
Liz

Hello dkami

Can you open a new thread about your trading methods, so others can understand it a bit more. ;)

I only give trade ideas for others to follow if there analysis is in line with my own, I don't go into my methods as I'm no GURU;)

Hello RahmanSL

South African Platinum Miners Agree to End Strike. Lets hope this will be good news for their economy & your "Swaps"

Good luck
Liz

Back