What’s your worst trading habit?

Rambo35

Corporal
I think we all have at least one bad trading habit as nobody is perfect. I know there are some who think they are, and most of them have never turned a consistent profit in their life.

My worst habit is that I sometimes don’t account for an economic release and occasionally I pay the price for it, at least temporarily. I usually check my economic calendar every day just to be aware of them, but since I don’t trade economic releases I sometimes tend to either ignore them or forget them (I do set reminders, but during a busy day I tend to click the away rather fast unless they are marked urgent; maybe time I mark those economic releases as urgent).

I suppose trading after spending some quality time connecting to my liquidity providers (Captain Morgan and Jack Daniels are two of them) could be considered a mistake. :p

Oh wait . . . some of my best trades ever happened while I was deeply connected to liquidity. :cool:

Without hesitation its:

Placing trades on any pair which seems to be "good trades", resulting in over trading with over thirty open trades which, if market move against me, sent the account to an early grave.

The same thing. I open like 20 trades trying to stay on top of them. Couple times i even forgot that i have some other trades going on beside 2 or 3 main ones...but sometimes it was even better, since otherwise i wouldn’t gain all the profit i received

Without hesitation its:

Placing trades on any pair which seems to be "good trades", resulting in over trading with over thirty open trades which, if market move against me, sent the account to an early grave.

I have the same habit. Lol

I suppose trading after spending some quality time connecting to my liquidity providers (Captain Morgan and Jack Daniels are two of them) could be considered a mistake. :p

Oh wait . . . some of my best trades ever happened while I was deeply connected to liquidity. :cool:

Haha, well they to provide great liquidity.

dude, i am ever amazed by your stories! don't take this the wrong way pls, but you need medication. ;)

Without hesitation its:

you FORGET!!??????!!!!

WTF????!!!!??

who are you people?? ;)

The same thing. I open like 20 trades trying to stay on top of them. Couple times i even forgot that i have some other trades going on beside 2 or 3 main ones...but sometimes it was even better, since otherwise i wouldn’t gain all the profit i received

now, to answer the question, without hesitation, trading with my dick in the other hand. now that's bad because i am a big swinging... alright alright, i wish: Michael Lewis --> 'Liar's Poker'. buy it. read it. great inside stories by former trader.

now, seriously: issue is a psychological problem that has been my bane for years now. trading while not realizing i do not have clear vision BUT being the overconfident sod that i am, believing i do and so go in big!!! and lose 20% in 2 min! and then being psychologically scarred for days and not being able to trade more than 0.1 lot at a time for days on end, missing out on profits from all sorts of easy setups.

EDIT: there is 1 more. holding a trade for more than 2 sessions, ccy having moved only 15-20 pips (like today on usd/chf) and suddenly losing patience, cover all, only to come back the next day and see the market took off right after i closed everything and i missed 100+ pips! god, if i had a $ for every time i did this.... :rolleyes:

Back