What’s your worst trading habit?

I could never listen to music while trading, it'd be too distracting. I need peace and quiet.
As for my bad habits, lack patience and closing positions too early - or opening them too early - is definitely one.

my worst habit when i earn profit then run my account but when i loss i immediately stop my account and become sad loss confidence.

Pulling away from the market for a bit after experiencing a loss is not a bad habit in on itself - it is actually how I handle my losses. If one stays then they could be tempted to engage in revenge trading, and that rarely leads to good results. The loss of confidence, however, can be a problem. In my experience the only thing that solves that problem is making a new profitable trade.

I think the worse habbit is to go back into a trade after losing, revenge trading.
This is a natural desire to win. But once you've written about it, then you're on the road to success. I was also tempted to attempt to win. I realized that no loss no profit. If you have a loss, then you need to accept and calm down to wait for the next opportunity.

While it is natural to want to be successful, that desire shouldn't cause a trader to trade against the market. Trying to win at any cost rather than pausing and analyzing the situation tends to lead to failure.

Last edited:
For me, it’s often about over-riding the moment and get emotional over it and that is what leads to over-trading and all the wrong habits starting from losing out on discipline. So, it’s needless to say if you lack discipline then you are going to lack a lot of chance to succeed and is only going to make things harder. So, my biggest BAD habit often is losing out on discipline, but I have been able to learn to handle it well in recent times!

Back