What’s your worst trading habit?

This is very common bad habit that shouldn't be done because listening to song are too emotional and distracting.

I find most loud noises distracting when I'm trading, I think I would be even more distracted if I paused to actually listen to the lyrics of a song in order to get emotional over it.

Obviously, if one is easily lured into distraction by listening to lyrics (or singing along), then that type of music should be avoided.

On the other hand, there's plenty of adequate music out there which is lyric free. Some guy named Mozart wrote a few symphonies which are reasonably pleasant to have as background music. :D

I find most loud noises distracting when I'm trading, I think I would be even more distracted if I paused to actually listen to the lyrics of a song in order to get emotional over it.

It is not only loud noises. You can more easily be distracted if you know the song well because you will try to sing a long with the lyrics. This is why previously I have mentioned that human brain actually do have limitation and couldn't process that much of information, just as simple as listening to song while trading.

It is not only loud noises. You can more easily be distracted if you know the song well because you will try to sing a long with the lyrics. This is why previously I have mentioned that human brain actually do have limitation and couldn't process that much of information, just as simple as listening to song while trading.

An easy way to avoid this problem is to listen to purely instrumental tracks in case you do listen to music while trading.

I am as other traders they do sometimes mistakes , Hurry in analysis go with the trend as it goes. Now I learn that some patience is required for trading. With this quality they can gain best results. A trader has to change many habits if he wants consistent results.

One of my worst trading habits is closing positions prematurely out of anxiety. I know that my analysis is correct but I lack the patience to let it come to fruition.

One of my worst trading habits is closing positions prematurely out of anxiety. I know that my analysis is correct but I lack the patience to let it come to fruition.
Try leaving your computer when your trade is on (but never leave a trade without stop loss or take profit). You can't close a position if you don't see it. :)

Back