What’s your worst trading habit?

They trade too much. The edge that small traders have over institutions, is that they can pick trades carefully and only trade the best trends and entries. The less they trade, the more money they make, because being picky gives traders an edge. Unprofitable traders tend to be trend fighters, always wanting to try to call tops and bottoms. They eventually will be right, but their account will likely be too small by then to really profit from the reversal. Money is made by going with the flow of the river, not paddling upstream against it.

Trading against the trend is not necessarily a bad or unprofitable idea as long as one knows what they are doing - being able to recognize reversal and correction patterns, etc. It really depends on the person, I think.

Listening song is not a bad habit . I think it relax your mind while trading . Your focus is not on other external things. If you work with your favorite music your performance is much better. Bad habits effect trading as hurry in trading or having not good analysis of market etc.

Listening song is not a bad habit . I think it relax your mind while trading . Your focus is not on other external things. If you work with your favorite music your performance is much better. Bad habits effect trading as hurry in trading or having not good analysis of market etc.

I think that depends on the song and the person. I find certain kinds of music very distracting, while others are more soothing. That is just my preference though.

Very bad habit while trading is over confidence. Most of the trader has this guts unconsciously when they started earning good amount of profit. Then started over trade after achieving their target. But it is the result of losing current profit. Sometime I also do so. But I try to control this behavior and keep my patience while trading. I don’t want to lose my money. And guys, its actually works.

I have bad trading habit but I can not say them worst. One of my bad habit is I sometimes open trade during the bid economic data release. As I am a binary options trader I don't lose much in a single position.

I used to try and trade during big news events too, when I was a total newbie. It was a poor idea and I quickly learned not to do that.

I must say that the worst trading habit is over trading. This is done by trader when they are over confident. When someone is over confident than there is a big chance of doing mistake. And that most of the trader do in their trading career. Doing over trade trader are not only making loss but also they lose their available profit. That’s why expert said again and again control your emotions and don’t be anxious.

Many has one negative trading habit - they don't feel the limits of their opportunities. They also have no reasonable fears. This means that are not afraid of unwisely lose their money, which they just earned.

Back