when is the start of the day?

swingfiddle

Private
what time i will consider the start of the day so to set up the fibonacci and have the daily support and resistant?

The start of a day is when the server time passes 24:00 hours into 00:01. Hope this helps

Nico

but then if my platform is at gmt and yours at edt then my start of the day will be 5 hours after you.if my lowest will be at 2:00 gmt am,the same canddle (low )will show in your edt platform at 9:00 pm the previous day!so because of that you can have a different low than mine:confused:(or high whatever):confused:

Forex is a 24x5.5 market. Different brokers have different clock settings. This throws off a lot of Daily indicators, since not every broker and not every trader will agree on one standard.

so most traders would consider their high or low from the begining of the asian session or at the london open?for drawing the fibonacci for example...

Time to trade, Recap

Time to trade, Recap
RiceX did a good thing on that.

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/beginners-bootcamp/8632-time-trade.html

As we all know the forex circus rolls along 24hr/24hr. When one market closes another will open and on we go until we come back to the beginning and start all over again.

However within this 24hr merry-go-round there are times when we can find greater volume and therefore much more price action to work with due to two markets being open at the same time. When I say markets I mean Stock Exchange Markets. It pays to trade at these times and give the quieter trading hours a miss.

Many strategies are in fact based around these market opening times, and several years ago I used to trade just the London open and by 12 'o' clock my day was finished.

To help give you a reminder, I've posted below a simple graphic that shows the four main stockmarket trading times within a larger trading zone shown either side. The most important is the Asian close/European open and of course the European/American markets that are open at the same time.

Here is the timetable for my time, GMT +1 (CET)

View attachment 1145

Here is the same graphic but with the times blanked out. If you think it could help please feel free to print it off and fill in the hours that suit your location on the planet.

View attachment 1146

There is also a quite nice desktop widget that Oanda have made for Yahoo! just adjust the timezone for where you are and you'll always know which market is about to open or close.

FXMarketHours - Yahoo! Widgets

If you study and do back testing you will learn the best activity time for the “Pair” you are working with:
e.g.:
Eur/Usd you will seek the first movement (my time) 02:00 - 05:00CST/USA, then the big stuff 09:00 - 12:00CST/USA
If your smart you will take the stuff above and turn it in to GMT.
It’s easy if you know it. Get your pencil out.

{Sometimes in forex you have GMT+1 a lot of times, It’s hard to sober a Russian programer (west of the boarder) up to the time of the rest of the world}

Last edited:
Back