When we can trade without stop loss?

If you trade very very tiny amounts, you can skip the SL. Otherwise, you are risking throwing away a big piece of your account.
Small money already on money that afford to lose maybe, and trader dare without stop loss because if get margin call account already on early preparation but also they need to analyze the major trend if they can with good accuracy analysis

If you trade very very tiny amounts, you can skip the SL. Otherwise, you are risking throwing away a big piece of your account.
Frankly, I always use a stop loss. It has become a matter of habit that I don't break, even if the risk is very small.

When you have a good hedging strategy then you can trade without using stop loss. There is no need to put a stop loss when you know how to hedge your trades.

When you have a good hedging strategy then you can trade without using stop loss. There is no need to put a stop loss when you know how to hedge your trades.
Yes indeed if we use hedging hence we don't use stop loss, but most difficulties with hedging is when to open lock hedging and mistake can cause loss larger than before although if good decision to open lock hedging hence will possible from loss become profit

I agree, but I am not very fond of hedging strategies, so I prefer to use a stop loss just in case.

Any time you trade it is your choice you use stop loss or not . No one will bound you to use stop loss. However when you are much sure about trend you can easily trade without it having no fear of loss.

Any time you trade it is your choice you use stop loss or not . No one will bound you to use stop loss. However when you are much sure about trend you can easily trade without it having no fear of loss.

I agree, but I confess I use stop loss even in those cases out of sheer force of habit, I guess.

Yeah, because a trend you're sure of would never ever suddenly reverse while you step away from your computer for a moment. After all, central banks never make surprise announcements and big news events which could smash a trend always come with at least a week's warning, right? :p

Big trends rarely reverse so quickly so as not to notice that the trend is exhausted first. However, I do agree about the occasional unexpected random spikes, which is why I developed the habit to always use stop loss.

Beginners should not forget the use of stop loss. It helps a lot to them to manage accounts in bad situations that they are not ready for. After some experience they can do trading without stop loss. What they feel appropriate they can add tools in.

Back