• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Where is the honest broker rating?

2+2=4

Private
In the network there are many sites with broker ratings.
All of them seem to me corrupt, and the answers to them are very flattering.Often at the top of the rankings of a company with a bad reputation or pedigree.

Ofc on FPA!
But I'm not satisfied with the number of votes.I have the impression that traders are millions, and when I see only 30 reviews for 5 stars, I think that it is not true.
You need more votes, or your rating is not based on an average rating.
For example, to form the rating as follows: 1 star = - 2 balls, 2 stars = -1 ball, 3 stars = 0, 4 stars = 1 point, 5 stars = 2 balls.

FPA ratings are based on averages of the rated reviews (reviews set to "No Rating" don't count). I think there may now be a modest weighting factor for reviews left by registered members, but you would need to ask AsstModerator to be sure. An average rating for the site isn't displayed until after at least 3 rated reviews have been left.

Unfortunately, the FPA can't force people to leave reviews. If a broker has been around for years and has less than 30 reviews, my guess is that it's a small broker without too many clients. This may or may not be a bad thing depending on one's point of view. A smaller broker may give more personalized service, but also may be more vulnerable to financial setbacks.

One other reason the FPA may show fewer reviews than other sites is that AsstMod and his team work very hard to filter out the fakes. Some fakes can slip though, but most are caught. Another good thing about the FPA's reviews, is that no amount of advertising money will prevent legitimate negative reviews from being approved.

You need to look at several things when interpreting the rating on a review page:

1. The rating itself. (This item brought to you by Captain Obvious)

2. Look at the most recent year or two of ratings. Is the average ofthose better, worse, or about the same as all the total. This can show if a broker is getting better or worse.

3. Look for mentions of withdrawals. "Wow, I'm so happy. I've traded with them for a month and they answered my questions. 5 Stars" is a good review, but tells you nothing about withdrawals. "SCAM, they promised to send my money within 2 days and it's been almost 3 days. 1 Star" isn't very helpful either. Even the best broker can have small delays.

On the other hand, someone who's been a customer for quite awhile and has made multiple withdrawals is a very reassuring review. Someone who's been trying to get money out for more than a month unsuccessfully is a big warning flag. A series of recent reviews about long withdrawal delays is a HUGE warning flag.

Beyond ratings, look at regulators. If it's some island you've never seen mentioned except on broker pages, chances are that there's little or no protection offered. Optimally, you want a broker regulated in the US, Switzerland, or the UK (directly, not passported from Cyprus).

I agree, it is difficult to get only real reviews, there will be few of them, few of the traders are sitting on the Internet simply because they are busy people)
If you accept reviews only with an associated phone number and proof that you are a real customer of the company?
For example, a screenshot of your online office, or the date of registration, account number and account name.(Provided that the account will be money)
Then it will be clear that this is a real review based on real experience.
How do you think?

Back