Which curreny pairs trade when?

MikeT

Private
This may be a stupid and obvious question, but I'm confused on which markets to watch for signals on specific currencies. Does AUDUSD close the day's session with the NY market or the Syndey market? What I am confused about is at what time is the bar for the day closed and the next day open so I can look for a signal...

:confused: Mike

All of the currencies trade 24x5, but certain currencies are more heavily traded during some sessions.

Usually (your mileage may vary), a currency pair will be most heavily traded where the 2 currencies "home" trading sessions overlap. Thus, one would expect that AUDUSD would be traded the most when the New York and Sydney sessions overlap, and the least when both of those markets are closed.

Realize that this is a generalization, and exceptions do exist. Still, it is a starting point for looking for good trading times for specific pairs.

All of the currencies trade 24x5, but certain currencies are more heavily traded during some sessions.

Usually (your mileage may vary), a currency pair will be most heavily traded where the 2 currencies "home" trading sessions overlap. Thus, one would expect that AUDUSD would be traded the most when the New York and Sydney sessions overlap, and the least when both of those markets are closed.

Realize that this is a generalization, and exceptions do exist. Still, it is a starting point for looking for good trading times for specific pairs.

Thanks...!

Back