Who do regulators really work for?

I'm personally fond of the NFA and CFTC. They often do make rulings requiring funds be returned to clients. The biggest drawback is that they are painfully slow, so make sure to include a copy of your will in any complaint so that your descendants can collect the money if you've died before the final ruling comes in. :D

The regulator is supposed to interact more with the brokerage company itself and does everything to ensure that this activity is lawful and of high quality. Accordingly, the regulator does everything necessary for the safety of traders so that they could work quietly on their own and be sure that they will not be cheated and they can be 100% sure that their money will be all right.

I think that they live really on some payments they get from brokers entirely and absolutely for many many reasons out there. And I do see we can really sort out this if problem arise, good thing that they are present on many levels.

FACT: All regulators pretend to exist for the sole purpose of protecting clients. Now, does that make sense when all economic systems are based on "Caveat Emptor"? So, how does a regulator regulate companies in an economic system based on Caveat Emptor??

The primary criteria by which a company chooses a regulator a balance between the prestige of the regulator and the cost of getting regulated. All companies KNOW that the regulator will rarely bother them.

Indeed, regulators exist to protect the companies that steal client money. The Dubai Financial Services Authority is robably the best regulator in the world, but.... the maximum leverage is 1:50 for personal accounts and 1:200 for professional accounts.

That said, better to use a broker that is regulated by the UK FCA, Dubai FSA, and the Australian ASIC. Forget about CySEC (kings of "no-touch" regulation). CySEC regulates companies that offer binary options which is completely corrupt and pure gambling.

FACT: Every broker in the world steals client money either using the front door or the back door. HOW? All broker software platforms are designed to help brokers "maximise their profits"! (ahhh hmmmm what exactly does that mean?). Brokers steal money using several tactics:-
- Re-quotes
- Look backs
- Slippage
- Withdrawals delayed for fake fictitious reasons
- Fake exchange rates for different currencies
- Fake spreads that allow the broker to close your trades and to make a profit doing so
- Conflicts of interest i.e. broker is a "Market Maker" which means they take a profit when you close a loss-making trade (ONLY use TRUE ECN/STP accounts)

Traders should understand that what they do not KNOW will definitely destroy their account so I suggest that all traders properly educate themselves. Or..... suffer the GUARANTEED horrible consequences

I have two trading accounts. One with an Exchange and one with a broker. I've known the CEO of the broker for many years and I am friends with the owner. The CEO told me this: "IF I don't want to pay you, you will NEVER get paid and, if you sue me, I will counter-sue you and you will pay me damages. Read my contract you signed because you signed your life away. If you do not have COMPLETE TRUST with your broker, do NOT open an account."

Welcome to the world of Forex brokerage houses. Caveat Emptor. You have been warned here and in many ther places on FPA website and the sheer volume of complaints on FPA prove my point..... If you get burnt, you only have yourself to blame.
this is an old post but still very true and current i have been saying for a long time that people that go on about regulations need to learn what they are talking about and understand how they work.

Back