Why do you think people are scared of investing in forex?

People are scared of things they don't understand. For example, if a person from the eighteen or nineteen century sees a smartphone, it would scare the life from him. Forex is a complicated thing to understand. That's why people are scared.

Some people tend to find forex scary because they think forex is this huge mumbo jumbo of exchange rates, geopolitical scenarios, economic policies, etc. This can overwhelm certain people as the dynamics of forex trading are not understood by many people. And because they don’t understand it they are afraid of investing heir hard–earned money into it at risk of losing it in an unpredictable and volatile market like forex. Not to mention a lot of people ignore using a proper trading plan or money management strategy.

The volatility and intricacies of the forex markets are not something that the hesitant and timid traders can handle. So they are weary of putting their money into it and trading. Which in my opinion is fine. If you are not confident and/or knowledgeable enough about forex trading and are scared of it , then better to stay away from it and invest your precious funds somewhere else

People are scared of things they don't understand. For example, if a person from the eighteen or nineteen century sees a smartphone, it would scare the life from him. Forex is a complicated thing to understand. That's why people are scared.
Well explained, actually forex is a complicated thing to understand and also it is not everyone's cup of tea.

Sure thing, those are traditionally minded people. Can't blame them for that. But this is modernized or developed world today, we can't deny the modern life when there is an opportunity, we can't let inflation beat us today.
I can't imagine that in the next 30-40 years, almost everyone will invest in Forex. o_O

Forex trading is risky too but on the other side, it is profitable too. So we should have proper money management plan and strategies to tackle the factors like loss and greed.

Forex trading is risky too but on the other side, it is profitable too. So we should have proper money management plan and strategies to tackle the factors like loss and greed.
True. People lack psychological and management skills which they need to skill at when dealing with Forex.

The first and foremost reason why people are scared of investing in forex market is because of the huge losses they incur while trading in the highly risky forex market. The main factor is the hard earned money. :(

The first and foremost reason why people are scared of investing in forex market is because of the huge losses they incur while trading in the highly risky forex market. The main factor is the hard earned money. :(
so... i tried to post something (First reply ever)
i got a message that was saying my behaviour was Spam Like hehe
i inserted a dash between 2 words and i got the error

i attempted to delete the dash, I got the message again hehe
Oh.. Dear
i guess i'm now expected to be a fortune teller and figure out what it was all about

i wasn't spamming anyone
i didn't post any links
i wasn't abusive
all i did was replied to this thread with a comment, Apparently that counts for spam here hehe

Ok, Whatever, i guess replying to a post is discouraged on this site hehe (oh my god)

Last edited:
You can easily hold are breakeven levels if you honor basic rules of money management, for example risk no more than 1% from your capital. Trading becomes easily manageable and I really don't understand traders who start to gamble and then say forex is highly risky business.

Back