Why do you think people are scared of investing in forex?

I think the main reason is because people like stability, but in forex you must be always "on the edge" and that's the reason behind fear - risk aversion.

They're afraid to lose money in forex. that's all.

Rightly said but some people have invested huge amount and had it lost also. So different people have different approaches as it comes to risk appetite. In forex, there is no gain if you don't risk. So coward people have to place in forex market.

I've found the reasons people want to trade forex, it is tough for me to pinpoint what are some of the major reasons why people do not wish to trade forex. It is such a lucrative business, as you mentioned, and given its huge profit potentials, it should be very very attractive to everyone for that matter.

Hi, thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it :)

Do you think having an expert offer them straightforward advice on when to buy and when to sell would greatly alleviate this fear?

Anyway, I'm creating a site that combines the best of zulutrade, myfxbook and collective2, offering automatic portfolio tracking for forex/stocks/options/futures all on one site and allowing people to follow each other's trades seamlessly. However, I have noticed that while there are many people with accounts in the world, a large portion of them seem to be paralyzed by fear of loss or something, and I'm hoping to discover that and help them overcome it.

Thanks for the feedback, helps me gain greater insight :)

So, what do you have in mind to create? I mean I've seen/tried a lot of different types of platform trying to do that - and imo, all have failed. imo, from the three that you mentioned zulutrade deserves all the credit.

Forex is not a traditional business, we have to go through several losses before we become a good trader. So for this very reason many people do not want to enter and invest in forex market.

I've found the reasons people want to trade forex, it is tough for me to pinpoint what are some of the major reasons why people do not wish to trade forex. It is such a lucrative business, as you mentioned, and given its huge profit potentials, it should be very very attractive to everyone for that matter.
if they are risk averse, if they cannot comprehend the nature of forex, if they hate squiggly lines :D , or if they've experienced a huge trading setback.... then they ay not wish to trade.

Anything lucrative is interesting, but there are always factors to take into account.

I think the main reason is because people like stability, but in forex you must be always "on the edge" and that's the reason behind fear - risk aversion.
It is not necessary for traders to be on the edge all the time. Just like many things, there is a proper way to get into trading, but unfortunately most traders (including me) went through the "trading journey" using "poor routes/roads".

Back