Why I only trade oil and gas

US Natural Gas prices are choppy, the spread can be wide, and swaps do take a toll, but as this chart shows, rewards are there if you are willing to trust the indicators and hold.

NGASH4.png

Thanks for the feedback. Oil should continue to move higher as the US moves towards normalisation and the economy comes back to life. Next port of call is around $72 a barrel.
Yup...market is expecting fuel oil to raise with onset of summer travels but there seem to be some disappointments and not as expected.
We shall see what happens in the next few weeks.

If only I had $1 for every time I say "let's see what happens next." It's the game we play!
Would you not say it would be prudent, and wise, to wait and see how market will react post talks & results with Iran today (Sat)?
No doubt China has increased oil purchases, but Japan & India has scaled back due to their Covid-19 cases resurgence and lockdowns....lots of speculations in the market, but that's exactly what that is...i.e. speculations!
As a matter of fact, I have some short orders on spotcrude over the weekend at the 71.161 levels as I believe that commodity will drop back to the 69.xxx levels next week as I do not believe spotoil at the USD71 levels is sustainable for the immediate future as that will create too much inflation for countries whose economy is already badly affected by the virus pandemic. As it is, due to drought & other factors, food prices worldwide has already risen which will exert more stain on the economy.

Is demand for crude oil growing, or is supply contracting?

Stocks of crude oil in the United States plunged by 8.537 million barrels in the week ended June 11th of 2021, after a 2.108 million drop in the previous week, data from the American Petroleum Institute showed. It was the biggest draw since the week ended on September 11th, 2020. source: American Petroleum Institute (API)

united-states-api-crude-oil-stock-change.png

united-states-api-crude-oil.png

CRUDEOILH4.png

Back