Why I only trade oil and gas

@The Oil & Gas Trader.....what's your thoughts on the much anticipated rescheduled OPEC+ meeting on 1-July-2021?
As you know, the meeting is to try to decide on whether or not they’re going to raise production by the expected 550,000 barrels or a "surprise" 1,000,000 barrels a day which, if its the later, is unlikely to have any lasting impact on the price. Reportedly, the meeting was delayed to give the various ministers of member countries to discuss & agree on the amount of oil they can put into the market. Whether member countries will adhere to the agreed quotas is of course questionable especially Russia who might think they don't have to play ball.
Global oil inventories are falling and there are more evidence that U.S. inventories are falling as well and so there is a demand for oil which is in a tight squeeze now going into the expected high demand summer months.

I find oil and gas trading easier and less stressful than Forex, and a lot less frustrating than trying to trade manipulated Gold and Silver markets.

From a fundamentals point of view, data is readily available, and narrow in nature. What I mean by this is best explained with a couple of examples.

Forex - economic performance analysis, geopolitical factors, and in the case of the AUD, NZD, and CAD, commodity prices for oil, Gold and Silver, must be factored into the analysis. There is a wide band of fundamental information to be captured and analysed, but does it really help if you're trading shorter time-frames?

Gold and Silver - you would think that simple analysis of supply and demand factors would be enough to provide the necessary insight to trade successfully, but that's not the case. If it were, Gold and Silver prices would be substantially higher than at present. Demand for Silver, for instance, is exploding right now, and yet prices remain stubbornly low. And is it any wonder, when market giants (you know who they are!) flood the market with short positions whenever prices begin to rise. It's a joke!

Oil and Gas - regular weekly reports from the American Petroleum Institute, Baker Hughes, and the Energy Information Administration, tell us the number of rigs in operation, as well as oil and gas stocks on hand. If the rig count increases, prices are likely to fall, and vice versa. Likewise, if stocks and inventories begin to pile-up, demand is falling and prices will follow suit soon. It really doesn't have to be any more complex than this. Information is timely, easy to absorb and interpret, and most important of all, helps determine likely price direction over the next week or so. Clean and simple.

Turning to technical analysis, both oil and gas lend themselves well to price chart analysis. A moving average and oscillator are all I need to trade successfully. See the attached charts, for example.

I will be posting my trading results here every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and hope you find it interesting.View attachment 65500
View attachment 65501
Never traded Gas, interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Is demand for crude oil growing, or is supply contracting?

Stocks of crude oil in the United States plunged by 8.537 million barrels in the week ended June 11th of 2021, after a 2.108 million drop in the previous week, data from the American Petroleum Institute showed. It was the biggest draw since the week ended on September 11th, 2020. source: American Petroleum Institute (API)

View attachment 66099
View attachment 66101

View attachment 66100
Hey are yoy still active? I haven't seen any new videos for a couple weeks.

I traded oil for the first time last night with a short before bed. Woke up nicely in the green this morning!

I find oil and gas trading easier and less stressful than Forex, and a lot less frustrating than trying to trade manipulated Gold and Silver markets.

From a fundamentals point of view, data is readily available, and narrow in nature. What I mean by this is best explained with a couple of examples.

Forex - economic performance analysis, geopolitical factors, and in the case of the AUD, NZD, and CAD, commodity prices for oil, Gold and Silver, must be factored into the analysis. There is a wide band of fundamental information to be captured and analysed, but does it really help if you're trading shorter time-frames?

Gold and Silver - you would think that simple analysis of supply and demand factors would be enough to provide the necessary insight to trade successfully, but that's not the case. If it were, Gold and Silver prices would be substantially higher than at present. Demand for Silver, for instance, is exploding right now, and yet prices remain stubbornly low. And is it any wonder, when market giants (you know who they are!) flood the market with short positions whenever prices begin to rise. It's a joke!

Oil and Gas - regular weekly reports from the American Petroleum Institute, Baker Hughes, and the Energy Information Administration, tell us the number of rigs in operation, as well as oil and gas stocks on hand. If the rig count increases, prices are likely to fall, and vice versa. Likewise, if stocks and inventories begin to pile-up, demand is falling and prices will follow suit soon. It really doesn't have to be any more complex than this. Information is timely, easy to absorb and interpret, and most important of all, helps determine likely price direction over the next week or so. Clean and simple.

Turning to technical analysis, both oil and gas lend themselves well to price chart analysis. A moving average and oscillator are all I need to trade successfully. See the attached charts, for example.

I will be posting my trading results here every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and hope you find it interesting.View attachment 65500
View attachment 65501
Do you have any more articles on this?

There is always something to suite every time type of trader. I've enjoyed reading this thread as it was a nice change of pace to all the other FX based posts and a very interesting read.

View attachment 65501
Thanks for sharing Verry interesting

Back