Why is ForexPeaceArmy Economic Calendar so rubbish these days ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwho

Recruit
There was a time when the FPA Calendar was pretty good and you could click on an icon to see the historic changes for previous news releases. Now it's just totally useless and their laughable historic data is a waste of space. In fact most economic calendars are pretty basic these days. What we need is a comprehensive one that shows what happened to a variety of pairs in the past. Someone is missing a trick here....

I think you partly answered your own question. Most calendars aren't nearly as full-featured as they used to be, so this isn't just an FPA think.

A big part of the problem is that fast and reliable news data sources are expensive. Getting a data source like this that allows using the data in public is even more expensive.

I think you partly answered your own question. Most calendars aren't nearly as full-featured as they used to be, so this isn't just an FPA think.

A big part of the problem is that fast and reliable news data sources are expensive. Getting a data source like this that allows using the data in public is even more expensive.

Sure I see that but none appear to offer the look back functionality that there used to be with, say, NewsTraderPro (not the newer auto clicker of the same name) or even NewsImpact, both of which appear to have stopped working. I found seeing how the markets reacted in the past in such a clear fashion as in NTP was a huge help but no one appears to do it at any price. Great shame.

I have a suspicion that at least some of the paid newwclickers were using a single person license for a fast news feed to trigger trades for multiple clients, in violation of the terms of the contract.

But then again Doctor, why not just get in your TARDIS, jump to the first day of next month, take screenshots of all the results, and then come back and place the trades? :D

However a good part of the question remains unanswered. Where's the old good calendar where we can see reaction of an asset price to a news release?

in that case you can try using your brokers economic calender
Hi Perry John,

Do you mind expanding on this answer ? Whcih brokers can you look back each month for the last 6 months on a 1min chart to see price action, for a particular news release, knowing the time and date of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back