Winning big vs winning small

mrf1962

Private
Hi,

I just read that some brokers are unhappy when there are a few traders that "win big" on their trading accounts. Is it better to have trading accounts at many different brokers and "win small" at each of them?

What pip/$ amount is a red flag when it comes to winning accounts?

The answer to this question is probably so obvious as in this case but I just want to know your opinions on the matter.

Thanks,
Mrf1962

I do believe that there is a larger percentage of customers that usually "lose big" thus if you have a good broker there is no reason to try to restrain your trading strategies thus to "win small".
PS.You only "win small" with a very good EA

Bucketshops hate successful traders. The amount of profits needed to get "special treatment" from this sort of broker varies considerably. A "deposit only" broker will file excuses not only to block you from collecting profits, but will also try to prevent you from recovering any of your initial deposit. Other brokers don't start playing games until you make a significant amount of profit.

If you can find a good ECN/STP broker that processes withdrawals quickly and easily, that's your best bet.

try to be satisfy with small profit, if you keep chasing on big profit, you'll turn out to be greedy and probably you can lost a lot of money

Often true, but if you happen to get lucky enough to catch a good trend and use trailing stops, you may end up with more profit than planned. That's a bad time to find out that your broker is going to do one of the following:

1. Cancel your trades based on some lame excuse about price irregularities.
2. Cancel your trades based on an insupportable claim that you "cheated".
3. Somehow lock you out of being able to close your trade and ignore your SL in hopes that the trade will go against you, thus cancelling out all your profits.
4. Find 101 excuses to delay processing your withdrawal.
5. Make up some wild excuse to lock down your account.

I prefer both, but with forex, it's not predictable. You just have to be happy whatever the result is as long as you win! I appreciate small wins as being able to achieve them are the steps I should take in winning big. I also prefer how I maintain myself in this field and not winning big time then not being able to maintain wins, even the small ones.

In forex, Bucketshop brokers take money by againts the trader's orders. So If the trade win big, that means broker lose big.

But some brokers only provide the platform and they take money with commission, spreads pips or % of profit,... So the trader win big or small is not a probem with them, they also want trader win more. Since when trader win big, they would invest more and more money to the broker.

If you are afraid broker take money when you win big, try to choose best broker wasn't bucketshop. Then try to improve your wininng :)

Bucketshops hate successful traders. The amount of profits needed to get "special treatment" from this sort of broker varies considerably. A "deposit only" broker will file excuses not only to block you from collecting profits, but will also try to prevent you from recovering any of your initial deposit. Other brokers don't start playing games until you make a significant amount of profit.

If you can find a good ECN/STP broker that processes withdrawals quickly and easily, that's your best bet.

Very Good advice

It depends on the trader which target they want to achieve small winning is better than big winning because big winning includes the high risk factor as compared to small winning.

Back