Winning big vs winning small

Hi,

I just read that some brokers are unhappy when there are a few traders that "win big" on their trading accounts. Is it better to have trading accounts at many different brokers and "win small" at each of them?
Simple answer: yes!

What pip/$ amount is a red flag when it comes to winning accounts?

The answer to this question is probably so obvious as in this case but I just want to know your opinions on the matter.

Thanks,
Mrf1962
There's just one rule: 1lot per trade for every 100k of your account-size. And also try to not make more than 50% per month all the time. Sometimes even more than 100% in 1 month is okay, but try to make less, and be consistent with your results. Most pro-traders go with the above rule at a 5%-10%/month.

is it better to withdraw in small amounts as well?
Yes. Lets say you have a 1k account with a 500$ profit, just pay out 500$ first (not the whole 1k original deposit). If you make another 500$ just pay out another 500$. This way you'll get your invested 1k back easily, and can go on with those 500$ profit without any risk of losing your own money. And afterwards I'd think if you have an account of more than 5k it's okay to pay out 1k per month. There should be no problem with any broker. If such simple things are already a problem for your broker: leave it and try it with another one.

But keep in mind: because of international anti-money-laundering laws you'll always need to pay out your original deposit to the original card/bank account/e-wallet where it came from. You should always have a special card, bank account or e-wallet which you only use for trading deposits and payouts. It makes things much easier.

speead risk and keep it all small over a few brokers seems to work better for my psychology . Keeps the big red numbers at bay

I very much support and advise everyone to trade on several accounts with strategies that involve small winnings. This is because by trading large deals, your risk increases, and you become more psychologically unstable, which often leads to mistakes and losses. It is much better to get a stable small profit with a few accounts. In this way, you will be less worried about losing and calmer while trading.

If someone is not able to jump high in trading he should get tense, there are many ways to cope with trading. I must say you should adjust your trading according to your skill level. Small winning is easy as well as give happiness to a beginner, this thing will give him a motivation to go-ahead. High targets create some confusion and are not easy to get.

I think having a lot of accounts in different brokers seems like a bad idea.. waste of time.. At first maybe your accounts will bring a small income.. But then you will not have time to keep track of all the accounts.. or, even worse you forget about some deal and you can get a stop out..

Back