Romance Scam Wintersnow Limited Scam (www.wintersnowfx.com)

Pig Slaughter and similar scams
Does anybody know anything about Tether Safety Department? They have reached out to me via What's App (of course) offering to attempt recovery of my funds.

I Googled "Tether Safety Department" (with the quote marks). The phrase was not found. If they were indeed given any special endorsement from the FBI, I'd have expected them to have a website with their name on it as well as a mention somewhere on one of the FBI's websites.

Quite simply, this is a recovery room scam designed to steal more money from scam victims. Now that your WhatsApp contact is known to one, be on the lookout for more surprise contacts from an assortment of people. Their stories will probably be different, but all will claim to want to help you get your money back.

Act interested and ask them if they have a website and email address. If they ask why, tell them that you want to give their contact info friends who also got scammed. Post what they say here.

Back in Dec. 2022, I was contacted via WhatsApp once again by a person claiming to be from Morgan Bell Lawfirm. His contact message is

"I am from Morgan Bell Law Firm. We are the partner of the US Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and the sole authorizer of the US Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). Recently, the international financial Regulatory Authority (CFTC) has frozen a large amount of funds suspected of Internet fraud, which contains your investment information and transfer records. Have you been defrauded by online investment?

Official Website: morganbelllawfirm.com

Our law firm focuses on the recovery of online investment fraud has rich experience, and is the only authorization of IFin, our recovery rate of stolen money is as high as 90%

"Can you tell me exactly how much you've been cheated of? Do you keep all your transfer records? You must have the remittance record voucher at that time to appeal for recovery of each sum of money. If the record voucher is complete, we will only charge the lawyer fee, and we will only charge 50% from the beginning."

"Of course, you can go to our official website for information about our law firm"

Having been screwed out of $100K, I don't trust anyone claiming they can recover my lost funds. This guy finally told me his name which once again made me distrust him since he gave a Chinese name and I was screwed over by a Chinese man. I honestly do not mistrust the Chinese race, this might have been a coincidence but still.

He said his name was William Wong and he sent me all these diplomas trying to convince me he was legit. I told him I could make every one of his diplomas on my desktop.

I again ask him about their fees and he replied ▼

"That depends on how much money are you being scammed" and then followed up with this, ▼

"The proxy free of our law firm is 2200 USD , and the balance will be paid after 50% of the funds are recovered successfully"

Just thought I would add this if anyone is interested, and not wasting their time in reading my post.
Hey so one of my parents was scammed for over $250,000. Likely closer to $500,000 by a forex scam, apparently the guy was an old co worker with my mom when she was in china as a young adult. Anyways our family lost the money in June 2023 or last year and the guy on WhatsApp or whatever keeps contacting her saying that he’ll give the money back but never does. With my brothers being pretty tech savvy we keep telling her that’s she already been duped and it’s likely impossible to get the money back. Anyways I’m replying to you because a place called “Henry Autumn Law Firm LLP” contacted my mom today and they showed her very similar documents of likely forged certifications of being a lawyer. She sent the person $1,000 and said something along the lines of “if we can’t get your money back we’ll refund you” and “if we get your money back we’ll take a small percentage” something like that. But I was doing some research and I found out the Morgan Bell “law firm” is located at the same exact address of the Henry Autumn law firm, same exact suite and office number in Irvine California. We live pretty comfortable so she isn’t worried about spending the $1,000 to possibly get the money back, but I’m pretty sure it’s part of the scheme to squeeze anymore money out of their victims. So I’m replying to you I know it’s been over a year since you posted this but our family is constantly put in a bad situation by my mom. I’m not sure if the place is really a scam or what, and now I’m only trying to contact the US government and such to hopefully get some sort of justice or something. Hope you see this, Thanks.

Hey so one of my parents was scammed for over $250,000. Likely closer to $500,000 by a forex scam, apparently the guy was an old co worker with my mom when she was in china as a young adult. Anyways our family lost the money in June 2023 or last year and the guy on WhatsApp or whatever keeps contacting her saying that he’ll give the money back but never does. With my brothers being pretty tech savvy we keep telling her that’s she already been duped and it’s likely impossible to get the money back. Anyways I’m replying to you because a place called “Henry Autumn Law Firm LLP” contacted my mom today and they showed her very similar documents of likely forged certifications of being a lawyer. She sent the person $1,000 and said something along the lines of “if we can’t get your money back we’ll refund you” and “if we get your money back we’ll take a small percentage” something like that. But I was doing some research and I found out the Morgan Bell “law firm” is located at the same exact address of the Henry Autumn law firm, same exact suite and office number in Irvine California. We live pretty comfortable so she isn’t worried about spending the $1,000 to possibly get the money back, but I’m pretty sure it’s part of the scheme to squeeze anymore money out of their victims. So I’m replying to you I know it’s been over a year since you posted this but our family is constantly put in a bad situation by my mom. I’m not sure if the place is really a scam or what, and now I’m only trying to contact the US government and such to hopefully get some sort of justice or something. Hope you see this, Thanks.
You should file an IC3 with the FBI and a report with the US Secret Service.

Back