1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst Forex Reviews

Discussion in 'Basic Training' started by AsstModerator, May 2, 2008.

1. AsstModerator

AsstModerator FPA Forums and Reviews Admin

Asking for reviews does not generate more reviews. If all the reviews like these were approved, then there would be more "Tell me about the company" reviews than opinions given by real reviewers. Others ask for information that's not related to reviews. Review pages are for reviews, not "please suggest other products" or "please tell me how the product works" discussions.

Here's a small sample of recent ones...

For an EA with over 200 reviews and an FPA Performance Test running...

For an EA with over a dozen reviews and an FPA Performance Test running...

For a broker with over 40 reviews...

So I guess this guy doesn't care if all future readers looking for an opinion of the broker instead find lists of brokers that accept PayPal.

For a piece of software with over 80 reviews...

I have 2 suggestions. Try asking in the forums thread. Better yet, go to the website and read all the material there very carefully.

For a broker with about 100 reviews...

I'm not a forex guru, but I think going to the broker's website and clicking something like "Open a trading account" might work.

For a signals service with a 4 star rating...

It's probably something like "You give them money, they tell you when to open and close trades." If you read the website, it will tell you.

Some people may need more help than the FPA can give. This was left for a forex trading software company...

I think you would visit the website. Then click "Buy Now!". After you download it, follow the instructions. If you have any problems, email the support address at the company.

More desperate attempts to waste space begging for reviews...

Yes, if someone has used the product or service and wants to tell about their experiences, it would be helpful if they left a review. Every review page already has an introductory review asking people to leave a review. Asking again and again will only make the reviews useless.

One more from someone who doesn't seem to get the concept. This was for a managed accounts service...

Here's how it is supposed to work. You sign an LPOA and give them your password. They trade your account. If they make money, they get some of your profits.

2. AsstModerator

Of course, an IB who gets a cut of your spread when you trade would be the best option for getting an honest opinion about a broker, and Santa Claus will bring you pips if you are on his list of good children...

Yes, someone who gets a cut of the money would never mislead you or give fake screenshots.
    :p

3. AsstModerator

A couple more people complained that the FPA dares to not publish every review that comes in.

I would LOVE to publish all the reviews. I'd do it if...

Companies didn't leave fake reviews for themselves.
    Angry clients didn't leave multiple fake reviews to attack a company.
    If affiliates didn't try to spam their links onto review pages.
    If non-forex spammers wouldn't spam their links onto review pages.
    If people wouldn't leave "has anyone used this company?" are reviews.
    If the rating given always matched the review written.
    If the reviews were all on topic and related direct experiences and information about the company.

Let's look at some where a few words of explanation would have resulted in approved. First, some of 1 star reviews...

If the next reviewer gives it 5 stars and says it's great, should I believe that too?

And if you would give some details, maybe the FPA could help.

Of what?

And some 2 star reviews...

Thanks. I'll consider that carefully before opening an account.

Turn off your CAPS LOCK and say why.

Let's see if the ones who give 4 stars can do better...

You've never had an account with them and can't open an account with them. And based on that you have them 4 stars. Amazing.

How about some 5 star ones...

So close, but I want some details. Maybe the next reviewer can give me more information.

In what way?

Good at what? Making money or losing money? I need a longer review. I hope no one writes a shorter one.

That's the problem with being a moderator. My hopes get dashed all the time.

I think this may be a record for shortest 5 star review ever. :unhappy:

4. AsstModerator

Maybe I'm too harsh and should let in reviews with no details. I don't think so, but I'll concede that opinions on that may vary.

How many of you would approve reviews like these?

5 stars

No, I've never used them, so I'm not giving them a rating. Why are you rating them?

3 stars for a broker

If you promise to never post anything like this again, I'll send you all my money to trade. I'll also mail you a new keyboard that lets you type without having the CAPS LOCK on all the time.

1 star

Welcome to the FPA. Read the reviews and check the Scam Alerts Folder and see if anyone's complaining.

For a broker with almost 200 reviews, including many that mention withdrawals

If he didn't read the prior reviews about withdrawals, why should anyone leave him more?

5 Stars for a broker

Yes, anything your friend tells you is true. Just give him all your money and you'll be rich in a week.

5. AsstModerator

There's more than one type of forex scammer.

Ahoy mateys! There be pirates in these waters. ;)

From John, USA who was really posting from Poland...

and

and

Too bad John, or Kate. I and my team would never allow your review to be posted on the review page or even here with an intact email address. If someone wants to buy that software, they'll have to pay for a legitimate copy.

Another person had never used a program, but wanted to illegally share it with others. He tried to leave this as a review...

I hope all these pirate wannabees take their spam elsewhere. Try a site that doesn't moderate reviews.

6. AsstModerator

Normally I save these up and publish a bunch at once. This reviewer was exceptional, so I'm giving him special billing.

First, he fails to give a valid location. He left a 5 star review for an account management service without actually saying whether or not he's used it. Then he leave this for a 1 star review for another service...

He should open his own website. Then he could do Rumors and Ratings instead of Reviews and Ratings.