• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

www.noeruscapital.com

Yeh, as a matter of Interest are we all expats? I am. Maybe there is a connection there.

In any case trawling thro linkedin in and the other platforms or one database or another is the way they come up with potential targets. But the whole operation was smooth and well designed. The aliassed people I dealt with were definitely English whoever they were.

Tribeca above mentioned David Jones as the initial contact. That's the only other name than Langdon and Adams I have heard; if Jones is not an alias maybe thats a possible lead.

I also wonder the scale of this fraud - i think it could be very big.

Yes I am a retired CTIO for International mobile phones companies - worked all over the world. Right now I am living in the Philippines; travel a lot though.

In June this year, during the initial approaches from Noerus, I had a telephone call with a certain Peter Robson as written by them in the confirmation e-mail. Later, people like David Jones and John Langdon were referring by themselves, but how to demonstrate that these are the true names ? Practically impossible.
We don't know even if what they wrote in the presentation e-mail I have received in May is true or not:
· We were established in 2010 as a private investment company
· We started off trading for institutions and corporate clients
· Now we also trade for private and retail clients
· We have two offices, the head office in Cyprus and also an office in Hong Kong
· As a business, we now have over 300 private clients and 54 corporate clients

I think that the investigation should be pursued through the tracking of the bank accounts c/o Barclais in UK and HSBC in HK where the money transfers were collected. The competent authority should inquiry with such banks about the destination of the funds and verify that they are not used for illegal traffics. Which authority can be in charge to start such type of investigations with the banks ?

Yeh, as a matter of Interest are we all expats? I am. Maybe there is a connection there.

In any case trawling thro linkedin in and the other platforms or one database or another is the way they come up with potential targets. But the whole operation was smooth and well designed. The aliassed people I dealt with were definitely English whoever they were.

Tribeca above mentioned David Jones as the initial contact. That's the only other name than Langdon and Adams I have heard; if Jones is not an alias maybe thats a possible lead.

I also wonder the scale of this fraud - i think it could be very big.

In my case I can only say that my mobile phone number and work e-mail are not listed on LinkedIn, I do not not have any social media accounts and I cannot think about any publicly avaiable database where they could get my mobile phone number from. They got this info from some private data sources. Someone gave them list of potential victims and that someone is likely to be financial adviser... or one of those scammers used to be financial adviser in the past.

Don;t know where you are - I am in Geneva, working for big multi-national company. There is significant number of financial advisory firms here who work with expats. In my experience, they are predominantly British. So it is quite likely that someone could have shared or sold client data to those criminal scammers, who apparently sounded British too.
Interesting... same here: big multinational that receive some financial advisor for investing expat money (not expat myself, but double nationality). Also on Swiss side. All the financial advisors that had spoken to me (physically) were also British and have access to my working phone and e-mail. Looks like a patter here. Anyone had talked with the DEVERE group before? Just trying to narrow down some possible sources.

Interesting... same here: big multinational that receive some financial advisor for investing expat money (not expat myself, but double nationality). Also on Swiss side. All the financial advisors that had spoken to me (physically) were also British and have access to my working phone and e-mail. Looks like a patter here. Anyone had talked with the DEVERE group before? Just trying to narrow down some possible sources.

My current financial advisers are de Vere (since 2008), though I had experience with others too.

Can I join the bandwagon? Also spoke numerous times with John Langdon, and recieved emails from Jane Adams.
I have to comment that as far as scams go it was well coordinated. The Customer relations was very impressive. Calls every few days to discuss progress, the website was updated regularly and matched the currncey market.
I deposited the monies in a UK account. The initial trial amount was sent to Royal Bank Of Scotland whilst the topup was sent to a yorkshire bank.
Perhaps the devils could be traced through those?
I am happy to be part of the group - however, thnakfully I didnt invest a huge amount of money so may not be worth my while to have expenses in the investigations.

I am currently with Devere for investments also. Check this link : directors.findthecompany.co.uk/l/4900530/Peter-Thomas-Robson

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, me too! Can't believe I was so stupid but they were all so plausible and despite having doubts, which I expressed to 'John Langdon' and 'David Jones', they manage to convince me to invest, and I stupidly went on to invest more after a few months. The warning sign was the minimum investment changing to 25K with an offer of 15% bonus (who does that?), so I asked to close the account. They were very clever with their emails and the set-up looked professional. I paid one lot to a Hong Kong bank and another in the UK. I'm not an expat. I once asked where they got my contact details and was told usually from FX currency companies. Coincidentally, I had transferred currency abroad the day before I got my cold call from Noerus, but had thought the call was from the FX company. I haven't reported this as I'm guessing it's a lost cause, but I don't want them to get away with it so if a group is forming here, I'd like to join.
Presumably, these rogues are looking at this forum to see what we're saying about them!

Yaff80, that's interesting your transfers were made to RBS and to a Yorkshire bank as it seems most "investors" transferred money to either Barclays in the UK of HSBC in Hong Kong. Could you please make a submission to "Action Fraud" with this info as it builds a picture and may provide other possible leads.
I've spoken at length now with Action Fraud and can't reiterated enough that anyone who's been affected by these fraudsters should report it without delay to them. The more people who do, the more likely the police will investigate and whilst we won't see any cash back, it may, just may help at some point in the future.
Out of interest, how long have people been with NC.?? I started back in May. It seems to me that it hasn't been in operation for long.
As Bambi says, no doubt these rogues are looking at this forum and taking some sort of perverse pleasure from the financial stress and suffering they've caused.

Back