• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

www.noeruscapital.com

In relation to where the transfers have been made to (HSBC, Barclays, Yorkshire Bank or any other) surely these can be traced? Even if various transactions have taken place on one account, the end recipient/s must be able to be traced.
As has been said, the rogues are most likely reading these forums but the more people coming forward and the different avenues being checked, hopefully they will have slipped up somewhere.

I suspect an (ex) Devere employee provided my details, but not too ex, as I have only had my current cell number since 2011.

I have a copy here of the source code from the noeruscapital.com website.
Looking at some of the css and js files, it appears it is a template purchased from gavick.com, certainly is using some of their code.
What I am really hoping to find in the code is the developer who created the website.
The site is too good for them to be in on it, more likely a professional development firm.
If I find anything interesting, will let you all know.
Gavin

I see mention of HSBC in HK, my bank was different, perhaps because I traded in USD.
if the following is helpful to anyone:

Recipient

Lee-on International Co., Ltd
4/F, 82-84 Nathan Road
Kowloon, HONG KONG HK

Recipient Bank Information
Bank Name: The Hongkong and Shan...
Account Name: Lee-on International Co., Ltd
Bank Account #:xxxxxxxxxx-838
Routing ID: 10550214

Given that as discussed above the bad guys may be reading these messages I think that is bad and plays to their side. Is it possible to create a local chat group of some kind for the victims? Then our strategy would be kept confidential. I guess the problem there is one of us could be a 'mole'. Any ideas from the group? I also recieved a second input from the anti fraud organisation, FraudAid they seem very helpful as below. What are the contact details for 'Action Fraud'?
From Fraud Aid :
Actually Phil, the group effort will probably net more satisfaction than a private one, specifically because you all could share intel and not duplicate effort.
We can tell you for certain that 'John Langdon' and 'Jane Adams' never really existed in the real sense other than being aliases. As in all scams, nothing
they tell you is the truth.
It is our experienced opinion that Cyprus could not care less about individual scams in addition to the fact that it is entirely possible there is no Cyprus
connection past them saying they officed out of there.
There is no real need for you to hire someone to perform your due dilligence for possible future investments unless you are contracting a legitimate
investment councelor that you can trust however such professionals do tend to be a bit more conservative and will steer you away from the more
risky investments. We would agree with that approach.
However if you take it by the numbers, performing proper due diligence is not a mystery. How long have they been in business? Have they ever been
written up in any authoritative journal or news? How many REAL customers have left positive comments? What is their cash position? Where are they located?
Are they certified, licensed, etc? Do they have a web presence? Does the website's WHOIS record reflect the names of the same company, location and people?
VERIFY everything from at least 2 known sources. And if you are not 100% comfortable with every little detail, in a word - "DON'T".

Yaff80, that's interesting your transfers were made to RBS and to a Yorkshire bank as it seems most "investors" transferred money to either Barclays in the UK of HSBC in Hong Kong. Could you please make a submission to "Action Fraud" with this info as it builds a picture and may provide other possible leads.
I've spoken at length now with Action Fraud and can't reiterated enough that anyone who's been affected by these fraudsters should report it without delay to them. The more people who do, the more likely the police will investigate and whilst we won't see any cash back, it may, just may help at some point in the future.
Out of interest, how long have people been with NC.?? I started back in May. It seems to me that it hasn't been in operation for long.
As Bambi says, no doubt these rogues are looking at this forum and taking some sort of perverse pleasure from the financial stress and suffering they've caused.

Is Action Fraud only for UK citizens/residents?

I have just now chatted with Action Fraud ... for such cases (scam of financial brokers, pyramid of Ponzi shemese, tc) they ask to contact directly by phone on 0300 123 2040. I am abroad, I would suggest someone of our group currently located in UK to call at such number and provide the coordinates of banks where the transfers have been made to (HSBC, Barclays, Yorkshire Bank or any other). Action Fraud will take action because most of such accounts are in UK, no matter about the UK residence or citizenship of the victimes.
Then, in order to create a local chat group for the NC victims and collect the proof of the transfers, I can offer my personal e-mail address where to convey through e-mail all the information, avoiding to use social networks.

Hi, I invested the first £500 in May, 2015 to Yorkshire Bank, 9 Waver Green, Pudsey, West Yorks LS28 7BG, PR Trading, Acc No. 31530015, sort code 05-06-76 and then again in June but being a real plonker I invested more money in October this time to Barclays Bank, Docklands, Leicester, LE87 2BB, PR Trading, Acc No 43825647, sort code 20-26-46

I am currently with Devere for investments also. Check this link : directors.findthecompany.co.uk/l/4900530/Peter-Thomas-Robson
I'm another sucker joining the conversation - expat and De Vere client also. Too many coïncidences? On a positive note, I'm not feeling quite so stupid and gullible as a couple of days ago, having seen that there are so many other seemingly smart people who fell for it. "David", "Jane" and everyone's favourite trader "John" must have walked away with a healthy sum, but I'm pretty sure that I've made a lot more and done it honestly. It was a very clever and professional scam in my opinion, but I do think they've missed a couple of tricks on the cover-up.

Tribeca755 I first invested in March 2015. Having read the posts on here I'm going to lodge a report with Action Fraud too.

Back