XM force me to close EA due to high frequency of position

FeederXII

Recruit
I just receive a call and email receive from XM that request me to close my EA due to lot of position that open make their server issue. I dont know is their VPS problem or really their MT4 server issue. This is not fair to me I hope XM represent will help to solve this. I will post the email to here and upload my transation on here.
MT4: 13678329

Attachments

• email.png
    email.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 6
  • T1.png
    T1.png
    146.1 KB · Views: 7
  • T2.png
    T2.png
    148.1 KB · Views: 7
  • T3.png
    T3.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 6
  • T4.png
    T4.png
    152.6 KB · Views: 5
  • T5.png
    T5.png
    153.5 KB · Views: 3
  • T6.png
    T6.png
    153.5 KB · Views: 2
  • T7.png
    T7.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 2
  • T8.png
    T8.png
    154 KB · Views: 1
  • T9.png
    T9.png
    153.7 KB · Views: 2
I just receive a call and email receive from XM that request me to close my EA due to lot of position that open make their server issue. I dont know is their VPS problem or really their MT4 server issue. This is not fair to me I hope XM represent will help to solve this. I will post the email to here and upload my transation on here.
MT4: 13678329
Here is the link of XM Rep Chris Zacharia, go ahead and invite him to this thread. He will explain to you about this.

What would be more useful would be the Experts log file. The given number of trades is not an issue. It is probably more of a problem surrounding the modification of TP and/or SL. You may well find that there is a problem with the EA that it is sending a trade modification request for TP/SL where it doesn't even change the stop. This can result in thousands of "trades" each day and understandably the brokers don't allow this to carry on.

I don't know XM as a broker but at least they have written to you advising you of the situation. I have had a broker simply disable autotrading on my account without bothering to tell me.

What would be more useful would be the Experts log file. The given number of trades is not an issue. It is probably more of a problem surrounding the modification of TP and/or SL. You may well find that there is a problem with the EA that it is sending a trade modification request for TP/SL where it doesn't even change the stop. This can result in thousands of "trades" each day and understandably the brokers don't allow this to carry on.

I don't know XM as a broker but at least they have written to you advising you of the situation. I have had a broker simply disable autotrading on my account without bothering to tell me.

These is my first problem with XM, Due to the principle of good faith, I think it is a human error and I hope it is not a policy, because of this I have sent an email explaining the situation and its error and I will inform you of their response. But I attach my data.

I explain, I am a swing trader that operates within 4 hours and I work a semi-automatic system that I have designed myself.
I don't do multiple operations every day, I don't do scalping and hedge; so I am not in a high frequency category, my development occupies 35.5mb and my computer is standard.

On the other hand, when you study my data,you will see, my average is per 3 trades/day. my system has open 30 operations in september, because I try multiply the system it, all does not add up to 35 . This means that on the date of the XM mail I operate 3 operations a day on average. In the 09/09 that there are 9 operations but in the same opening time 5 operations because I work with a timer, which buys or sells at a certain time for more than the decision is one hour ago. Which means that the rest of the days only operate 2 operations per day on average. I don't see how it is categorized as high frequency.

You answer:
My trailing stop is automatic, so maybe it a problem with SL of 13 trades and i can adjust, use my time filter for the trailing stop, to reduce the modification request. Your answer is logical. Still that a technical answer, I expect from support area of XM, not throwing a stone without sustenance

What you think of using a window of 5 minute each 4 hours for the trailing stop. and a button to semiautomatic trailing stop incase i miss the window? these will reduce the modification orders to minimal

Attachments

• Resumen mes septiembre.pdf
    224 KB · Views: 5
I don't think there is any problem with your trading frequency and a well written trailing stop will not cause problems with the broker. Often an EA will return an error 1 where the stop is not modified, so the EA continues to try which produces literally thousands of trade requests. The broker sees this as a trade, even if nothing is apparently happening. It could also be a question of stop levels. A quick look at an old demo account, shows that XM has particularly big stop levels(40 point - 4 pips) on EURUSD. This can be particularly problematic if an EA is not properly coded. Have a look at the MT4 Journal or the Experts logfile and that should tell you what is going on.

I can't really fault XM, if this is the issue, as no broker is going to allow this for a prolonged period. They have thousands of clients, so they are not really going to analyse the problem for you. They have simply told you what they have seen and asked you to fix it. As I said, at least they told you before they disabled autotrading on your account.

I have the mail on friday 13, In my case is 3 trade per day.

Each user must open your own new thread and submit their own evidence there.

fpa-screenshot-create-new-thread-button-png.42337

I can't really fault XM, if this is the issue, as no broker is going to allow this for a prolonged period. They have thousands of clients, so they are not really going to analyse the problem for you. They have simply told you what they have seen and asked you to fix it. As I said, at least they told you before they disabled autotrading on your account.

A first-class broker who actually cares about their clients would absolutely reach out to a client and let them know if there is an abusing situation. What exactly did XM claim that they "saw" the client doing wrong?

I don't think there is any problem with your trading frequency and a well written trailing stop will not cause problems with the broker. Often an EA will return an error 1 where the stop is not modified, so the EA continues to try which produces literally thousands of trade requests. The broker sees this as a trade, even if nothing is apparently happening. It could also be a question of stop levels. A quick look at an old demo account, shows that XM has particularly big stop levels(40 point - 4 pips) on EURUSD. This can be particularly problematic if an EA is not properly coded. Have a look at the MT4 Journal or the Experts logfile and that should tell you what is going on.

Thanks again for your advice, i think the problem is not code is math and brokers restrictions:

Buy: SL<Bid-Freeze Levels
Sell: SL>Freeze levels +ASK

I will include the restrictions

Each user must open your own new thread and submit their own evidence there.

fpa-screenshot-create-new-thread-button-png.42337

A first-class broker who actually cares about their clients would absolutely reach out to a client and let them know if there is an abusing situation. What exactly did XM claim that they "saw" the client doing wrong?
thanks for your advice, i think 4evermaat has give a clue, how to solved the problem. and based on the mail of XM, they didnt have a clue of the problem , so again i agree 4evermaat. Not to enter a fight with XM, unless i find a that is no a techincal itsue but a policy, then i will put together a case agains then, but again based on good faith, i want to leave it there.

Back