• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss XTB.com

General discussions of a financial company
I studied this case very close to understand what are the scam mechanisms.
It''s not really very complicated but however ingenious.
The base of operations is based in Poland and consists in 2 appartaments.
One appartament is "the market maker" and the other appartament is "the investments company".
The "market maker" gives the quotations but the customers have contracts with "the investments company".
In Poland there are no laws or regulations about a minimum amount to deal in order to be "market maker" or "investments company".
Their targets are the customers outside Poland: France, GB,Spain, Germany, but also Bulgaria, Serbia, Romania, Greece and others.
Their "bussiness" is like fishing. They use the standard MT4 quote, but as slave and the "market maker" as master. So you put the money on the normal MT4 quote (and you're not alone to do so), say 1000 usd and they simply make a bid/offer for 10 usd on the "market maker" master, just enough to take out your (and the others) stop loss. Wow! an unexpected low volatility!
As I said, like fishing !

Over ten years in the forex market and I have never heard of XTB until I read someone's post somewhere stating:
"XTB is our choice for the best forex broker of 2021. XTB is one of the largest exchange-listed FX brokers in the world and is regulated by several authorities, including the Financial Conduct Authority...."

And then there is the above post dating back some 4 years:

martapascual

"I studied this case very close to understand what are the scam mechanisms.
One appartament is "the market maker" and the other appartament is "the investments company".....
"
renecreneux, martapascual, and josefmatin - all the same

Then again there are those whole lot of bad reviews at our FPA "Brokers Review" section. Seems like their problems & issues starts the moment they request for withdrawal.

I will definitely "pass" on this Broker and would also advice Newbies & Wannabe Traders to go look somewhere else.

Over ten years in the forex market and I have never heard of XTB until I read someone's post somewhere stating:
"XTB is our choice for the best forex broker of 2021. XTB is one of the largest exchange-listed FX brokers in the world and is regulated by several authorities, including the Financial Conduct Authority...."

And then there is the above post dating back some 4 years:

martapascual

"I studied this case very close to understand what are the scam mechanisms.
One appartament is "the market maker" and the other appartament is "the investments company".....
"
renecreneux, martapascual, and josefmatin - all the same

Then again there are those whole lot of bad reviews at our FPA "Brokers Review" section. Seems like their problems & issues starts the moment they request for withdrawal.

I will definitely "pass" on this Broker and would also advice Newbies & Wannabe Traders to go look somewhere else.
is it even possible for a broker like XTB to actually move the price in real markets?
I mean apart from using HFT they would need so much buying power in big indices...
is it possible for brokers to do this? bet against their clients?

is it even possible for a broker like XTB to actually move the price in real markets?
I mean apart from using HFT they would need so much buying power in big indices...
is it possible for brokers to do this? bet against their clients?
MT4 platform allows the user/broker to manipulate their client's trading platform as they wish....and scumbag brokers like XTB will have no qualms in doing that to their clients.

they could manipulate the platform, but they can't influence the real price market, im using mt4 with XTB so that's why im concerned... so far I can't find any real proof of manipulation.
Do you know any trust worthy broker that supports MT4?
thanks for your feedback.

Back