• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss XtremePipPoacher.com (Drew Collinson)

General discussions of a financial company
Thsnks for your info, fbj. Your experience with 1% risk settings are noteworthy. Have you tried FapTurbo? I have not, but interested in its performance record. See reviews:
Live Forex Robot Tests

"Trading is about MM and part of this is loss. What counts is bottom line profitability on a reasonably consistent basis.
What I see so far in ALL robots is lack of consistency except when it comes to losing." Truer words were never spoken!

Thsnks for your info, fbj. Your experience with 1% risk settings are noteworthy. Have you tried FapTurbo? I have not, but interested in its performance record. See reviews:
Live Forex Robot Tests
Thanks dungloetrading. I've just resurrected an o.l.d pc and this coming week xpp hopefully will run [assuming cpu fast enough!] on g/u and u/c, the two that each had one big loss and which I took off. The other two e/u and u/j still online raring to go for new week.

FapTurbo - well, yes I have used it and it sits there and also watches price retrace to S/L = big losses. Additionally, the hype on that product was ginormous! TBH, that was over 1.5yrs ago for me and it just never 'did the biz' - many had same experience. Look, I'll poke around with Win Desktop searching for Fap related stuff - no promises but may strike gold ;)

Look.... I would really like to communicate with xpp but I feel that they will not answer - well, my previous comms was never answered! They sent out a series of emails/lectures on various issues. They made great issue about making sure the email contained pictures which helped explain the text etc. I never got any pics in email. I use Thunderbird email client and thot that for some reason was 'at my end', but no way, as I get embedded pics all the time in emails. Since was gmail addy, I read gmail on web but the pics were not there. So I email xpp support - I get autoresponder reply with ticket # etc.
But never get reply.

I am, as usual confused by it all. But in my prev post, it seems to me that at end of day it does not matter what they say.

IF xpp allows 420 pip retrace to S/L (which incidentally was about 1.7% risk - even tho I set risk @1%) then basically I certainly could not let it loose on live a/c!

Damn - is massively frustrating pi**ing about with this stuff. I only do so cuz clickBank is there for me when refund time rolls around.
I posted somewhere else on this site about this refund issue. Basically I never go to seller - just use link in clickBank receipt and state my case with all supporting evidence as to why I am asking for refund. Never ever have an issue.

At end of day, the main issue is that we all, imho - are looking for the easy way to profit. Sellers know this, yes? We all have stars in our eyes and to some extent we associate with the sale page contents and clickBank guarantee is the 'sale closer', yes?

I actually fervently believe that manual trading, say using MT, is the only way. I sit all day, every day at the desk. So what the heck is wrong with watching the charts every now and then, finally making some trades?
Have come to the conclusion that it is B.O.R.E.D.O.M. full and simple. I can program and design for an easy 10/12 hrs = mind is totally involved. But for whatever reason, watching charts puts me to sleep = mind cannot keep a sensible thot going - lol.

Dumb or what? oh yes, forgot the fear factor. If I turn loose an Expert, it is the culprit and not me if EA looses money. I can 'become' all involved and get to grips with the code and attempt to make updates etc. The psychology of it all is mind boggling imho.

I am doing lots of study on S/R - nothing else on chart... No dumb indicators that at end of day are working on dead and useless historic data. IE, why should I base trade decisions on such stuff? The market can do a 360 between one tick and the next, yes? Basing trade entry on indys is not every going to react to such price events... hence the often used term LAG.

Trading is boring - is like sitting there watching paint dry!
Like most successful activities, the behind the scenes work is rarely glamorous. Just day in, day out, same slog... Some state they are totally fascinated with FX, good for 'em - at end of day, I still think it's a simple biz. The successful ones are prepared to learn enough and then follow MM and system rules without deviation. Therein lies success. After all, can only go up or down = darn good odds when you factor in solid MM :D
Excuse me...
Ok, off the boil now, I ramble - but I am also talking to myself, attempting to get my head sorted out too - lol.

Ah... just found my Fap receipt dated 11/25/2008 - so yes, been awhile!
OK then, here's some stuff for you to pursue if want:

Live Alpari Journal - The Forex Autopilot, FapTurbo & FapTurbo Evolution Forum

I see fap is at v50 now and my last one was v36...
about fapturbo 50: FAP TURBO 50 — New version

On their members forum, there are current date posts = still active.

oh well... not been over there long time. but unless fap has changed stripes, I'd not risk it (again!) maybe see if can get going on demo a/c (not even sure about activation keys for live a/c anyway!)

IF on off chance delve into fap, I'll post again but please not hold yer breath :)

Live Forex Robot Tests

"Trading is about MM and part of this is loss. What counts is bottom line profitability on a reasonably consistent basis.
What I see so far in ALL robots is lack of consistency except when it comes to losing." Truer words were never spoken!

Yes, tried Fap - my experience was about 1.5 yrs ago. maybe is diff now, not know. back then, fap would sit there and just like xpp, watch price go towards S/L... Unless v50 - the latest is different, I stopped using just before v45 - think was in spring 2009.

Putting g/u and u/c on very old pc that might have nuff puff! other two stay on current machine 24/7 and let's see how they continue.

IF poss, I'll get latest Fap and do some testing... and post some observations.
Please do not hold breath tho!
Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks, fbj, for the entertaining posts! Have you looked at FPA's reviews of old and new versions of FapTurbo? I manually trade, but would love to have a reliable EA running simultaneously. That would be my ideal.... I'm ready to ask clickbank for a refund on xpp -- bad support from the get-go is never encouraging. So sick of all the hype .....[/COLOR]

Hahaaaa, I just demonstrate in my posts what a sad git I am! Sitting all time with a monitor as your best buddy is not ideal is it?
Tell ya what, I got lost [again] in FapT members forum [yep! my password still worked] and it seems to boil down to a VERY SIMPLE issue EA settings.
Seriously, that is the main thrust of topic where ever you sling your hook on the web. Why? cuz FapT can seriously damage your balance.

I read a good possible reason as to why they will not divulge such good and generally a-ok settings: It would not be in their best interests simply put, because offering 'good' EA setup means they are putting there butt on the line, yes? You can bet the family farm that many will have massively bad results = they will shout and winge till the cows come home!

Also, they tweak these settings all the time so that the publicly viewable live results on the six pairs are always 'mind blowingly good'

They then offer webinaires 'which you pay for' to learn the [so called] real deal about the settings.

I also understand that to date, they've made at least 3 million from this baby...

Ah heck, IF you want to, have a look see here:

and more specifically:

btw, what type of manual methods using?
Want to have pow-wow now 'n then? (is lonely biz this and massively frustrating blasting all around the net in attempt to actually get sensible info - no what I mean?)

Well then, I 've got Phoenix(Phoenix_EA_v5_6_03 and Phoenix P6 Released) running on ye olde worlde slow coach pc on gbp/usd M15. Kicked off about 15hrs ago (~20.00bst 16aug)
I used defaults (plus made sure MM option on and set risk to 0.01)
Just had looksee and they both are at rivers edge having a picnic and not wanting to interrupt the lay-about scene for making trades... hummm, maybe I better look at the docs - :embarrassed:

contact me?
not sure if pm or what mechanism available

Best

btw - WHY do the posts have when I view them
this forum has great features like the way you view the attachments - never seen that functionality anywhere (or = maybe need to get out more!!)

XtremePipPoacher 1.26 not bad on eurusd

i have been testing it for a week and so far its the first ea that seem to work
so far made 3 trade eurusd for 590 pips = $ 349,50 its taking a trade as we speak eurusd a sell trade the on thing i dont like it the big stop lost
i try on other currency no to sure i would trade live on those usdjpy etc

i would probably trade only on eurusd ......
i knew it was going to take trade since it was waitting to reach 1.2805 and took a sell eurusd.gif
and i show the take and stop lost on usdeur1.gif

Attachments

• eurusd.gif
    eurusd.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 85
  • eurusd1.gif
    eurusd1.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 84
I had no problem with support. I emailed support with a question yesterday and had a response this morning.

XPP

So far my experience with xpp has been good. Its taken ten trades, all ended in good profit on demo account only. The wide stop is a big put off, but the stop reduces as the trade progresses and eventually tightens right up until I'm taken out at a profit. Like the ea so far but time will tell. I bought the monthly upgrade where they promise to make any needed adjustments every month. Frankly I couldn't care less if it seems like a copy of Robovore as long as it works. Maybe they bought the rights to Robovore and improved it, who knows!

So far my experience with xpp has been good. Its taken ten trades, all ended in good profit on demo account only. The wide stop is a big put off, but the stop reduces as the trade progresses and eventually tightens right up until I'm taken out at a profit. Like the ea so far but time will tell. I bought the monthly upgrade where they promise to make any needed adjustments every month. Frankly I couldn't care less if it seems like a copy of Robovore as long as it works. Maybe they bought the rights to Robovore and improved it, who knows!
The wide stop is how they manage to allow profits to occur. I understand your comment about it. My continuing issue is that xpp decided (like all others) to sit on fence and let price retrace all way back to the stop. Most importantly, it failed to close the trade by not obeying 1%risk setting ie, It effectively allowed a 1.7% loss to occur. Additionally it plays loose and fast with it's rounding in lots calculations. ie, it rounds UP and sensible mm would round down eg. 1.5 -> 2.0 instead of 1.0 the sensible course. Always easy to loose money, harder to keep it.
This has happened twice:
usdchf -221.7points, -26.78gbp
gbpusd -420.1points, -52.60gbp
both had 0.02lots with mm true

My point being, those two losses must be representative of how xpp manages (or not in these) it's trades.

After above I removed them and demoing only eurusd,usdjpy.
See attached pictures.

There is nothing to indicate that xpp will manage further retraces any differently and that is the major failure of this package. Additionally, it most certainly does not honour the percent risk setting - which I have set to 1%.

Everyone (including me) who sees a few profitable trades is quite prepared to downplay the above mentioned shortcomings imho.
Is the greed factor. I oscillate between that and the fear generated and demonstrated by xpp's lack of sensible mm.

Traders want to make money. You do not make money by increasing lot sizes in the hope that your income will be more than your expenses.

15trading days with losses of -79.38 and income of 92.05 giving 12.67gbp net, is not good.
Some post that they will only trade eg, eurusd. So how will they make sensible money? They will ramp up the risk/lots. What happens when xpp watches that inevitable retrace...?

Look, I can make 12.67gbp in minutes by only using S/R techniques.

Anyway, greed rules most and the reasons given to overlook the many xpp shortcomings are many - such is life.

I think this is it for me. Generally, these threads do not prove anything due to that aforementioned greed factor and people just want to enjoy the elation of a win much more than thinking sensibly [and beyond the short term] as to the real possibilities of consistent and rising profits.

Enjoy it while it lasts...

Attachments

• xpp-eurusd-133725006.jpg
    xpp-eurusd-133725006.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 77
  • xpp-usdjpy-134152385.jpg
    xpp-usdjpy-134152385.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 77
  • xpp-usdjpy-eurusd-trade-tab.jpg
    xpp-usdjpy-eurusd-trade-tab.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 71
  • xpp-eurusd-AccountHistory.jpg