You can't predict these spikes.

downtrend

Master Sergeant
As most of you had seen the spikes on several pairs after US elections, its obvious that no one can predict those spikes in advance. So avoid trading during such high impact news time and remain safe.

I made 80 pips on the us elections. there was a potential of about 500 pips in the usdjpy.

If you know what you are doing you can trade news and fundamentals quite well. this is the main driver behind the price movement unlike indicators and price action which is only what the price have done before

All forex trading is unpredictable. You can not predict trend what exact it will go to. Here we have to analyze not can say confirm what will happen to trading. Specially in peak high and low trend market can change unexpectedly Remain in between spikes to become safe in trading.

That's why I prefer to keep away from the news time. Too much unpredictable indeed...

Since spikes are often related to news their appearance is predictable, but their direction sometimes isn't. In other occasion the news have a very clear and predictable effect. Generally, I avoid trading during news altogether.

I don't mind spikes around scheduled news events but I hate it when some politician comes out and says something that moves the markets. Flash crash on GBP was a real pani for me

I lost quite a sum with spikes some time ago. Now I try to trade more or less stable pairs.

I don't mind spikes around scheduled news events but I hate it when some politician comes out and says something that moves the markets. Flash crash on GBP was a real pani for me

Wasn't the GBP flash crash the result of a software glitch rather than a politician speaking? I think it happened in between trading sessions, when most markets were closed.

On the off chance that you recognize what you are doing you can exchange news and basics great. this is the fundamental driver behind the value development dissimilar to markers and value activity which is just what the cost have done some time recently. All forex trading is erratic. You can not foresee drift what correct it will go to. Here we need to break down not can state affirm what will happen to trading.

Back