You think I'ld learn

Eric Alyea

Master Sergeant
I am not a gambler. I had airline Captain that I was 1st Officer with that liked to play the pass/don't pass line, chasing his bets. I said tell me your strategy and I'll tell you how much money you will lose. I wrote programs and 1st found out the random variable number on the computer was the same and had to be randomized. Anyway, it was a treasure hunt. I found 3 systems that would pay 2%, and that is all Vegas bases things on.
Long story short, I was intrigued by the TV Ad's for the 4X Trader and checked them out.
They were a scam and that brought me here.
I’ve been a closet member for over two years under various names.
It’s time to come out of the closet and be active.
I need to take my real name off and go back to Anvil40 though.

Welcome to the trenches. It's a nasty and brutal war to figure out which brokers and other forex products are worth taking a risk on and which are total scams.

helmet above ground?

Speaking of trenches, I replied to this post (the guy is obviously busy)

The question I have to ask is how did you choose Sigma Forex in the 1st place? What was the draw or benifit, so I don't get caught like that?

I've been a closet FPA member for over 2 years. It's time I came out. This is my 1st post.

That was my 1st post because I thought you had to have something of worth to say.

I ask you Sir. What is the most common way people get drawn into a bad broker?

Wow, I made ten posts and didn't kill anybody. That's new for me. Getting promoted and no wet work or bodies to clean up. Where's my stripe:err:

This is a reprint from what is FPA to you:

I come from ground Combat (USMC Sniper) as well as Civil Aviation (Airline Pilot/Flight Instructor). You learn from (what are most times fatal) mistakes of others.
The difference between a Platoon Commander and a Medical Triage Assignee is: One tells who to kill, the Other tells who to save.
This is one of the few places that doesn’t charge for public dialog and networking for both attack formations (how to get your pips) and medical triage (recovery from a scammer)
Here at FPA you have your basic training, then the attack plans: Daily Signals, Weekly trends, Monthly overviews. The Medical side: scam alerts, actual help when your down and out, and how not to F... up advise.
This is what I see happening here, and I like it. You people are real and when you aren’t someone will call you out and kick you in the shin’s to wake you up.

We all thought that.

The question I have to ask is how did you choose [that particular choice] in the 1st place? What was the draw or benifit, so I don't get caught like that?

I ask you Sir. What is the most common way people get drawn into a bad [particular choice]?

I edited the [choice] item from the quote because it really is universal.

Short Answer: Fantasies

Progression:
1) We get attracted by something due to carrying around latent desires.
2) It captures our attention long enough so that we WANT to let our guard down.
3) We convince ourselves that the benefit outweighs the cost/risk.
4) We reason that the way the advertisement has made us feel about the product/service is how we will feel once we obtain it.
5) We negate ALL cautionary input from the pesky 'other' half of the brain.
6) In complimentary fashion we re-route everything that supports the fantasy into logical reasoning so that it appears to be coming from that pesky 'other' half of the brain. THEN we can believe it.
7) We succumb. Lord help us all.

You state that you are not a gambler and that, "You'd think I'd learn", but we really should all admit it and face facts that we are ALL gamblers and ONLY learn the hard way.

With an arrangement like I outlined above in which our own desires for benefit and advantage can and do thwart our own protection circuits, it is no small wonder how the cautious nature we want to think we have breaks down.

One alternative is to make all buying decisions by commitee which insures nothing will ever get accomplished (or a coup will occur and the decision will go the fantasy route anyway). In this FPA plays a valid role and a useful one too but of course this is sometimes compromised despite their excellent efforts to moderate. I am repeatedly asked about brokers and the phrase "the reviews are contradictory" echoes once again.

Another way is to simply sit it out and see how you feel another day.

I think that might be a tad flawed since it relies on the desires being lessened on some other day but it might help.

Discipline is the only way in my opinion but don't expect to be perfect.

You are human. Enjoy the gift and the journey.

Cheers,
Cyclon

Wow, I made ten posts and didn't kill anybody. That's new for me. Getting promoted and no wet work or bodies to clean up. Where's my stripe:err:

You get bonuses if you can do wet work and clean it up well. ;)

I was wondering why I had all these private strips sitting in my pile of things to do. I'm a little behind on sending them out. I should be able to get caught up today.

Check out Sigma's website. They've got a HUGE list of regulators that they claim to be compliant with. Some aren't even forex related. For someone new to the game, that looks like credibility. Too bad Sigma isn't actually registered with or regulated by any real regulator.

Greetings, Forex can be difficult if you do not have the time and engergy to gain information out of this market. As you have learned there is no computer software system that will give you the "Holy Grail" of trading. Other wise these guys would not keep coming out with more seemingly every day. To really make money you need to learn how to manually trade in this market. Stop making computer programers rich,
and start focusing on how you can help yourself make some pips!

Back