1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Advice sought

Discussion in 'Beginners Bootcamp' started by drzeep, Jan 8, 2008.

1. drzeep

drzeep Recruit

Hello Everyone,

Newbie DRZEEP here - this is my first post I want to say hello and ask for your help.

I will not bore you with my whole sob story, but in the interest of back ground lets say that I lost one really good job; and to keep my head barely above water I am know working two jobs. (80+ hrs a week)
    I have some trading experience I have traded options when I thought that might be my way to financial independence (1998) – I had mixed results.
    Life would be really good if I could some day work one job again and hopefully one trading at home.
    Right now though money is vary tight – I like the idea of fortex trading on news the whole thing really interests me, following basic economic indicators has been an interest of mine anyway I may as well make some money on it.

Any way the advice I would like is this – I will be starting with a very small account to start around $1000 (not yet secured) and I will most likely join one of the pay groups to get my feet wet most likely Diamonds. But that’s down the road in the mean time I would like to play in a practice account and trade using the free signals – In this way I think I can familiarize myself with the mechanics of working an account and get a feel for the movements of the various pairs. In your opinion is this a sound way to get started? Do you have a suggestion as far as what broker to go with on the practice account? I played with one a while back and it was only good for 30days:unhappy: I have read that I am exposing myself stating with such a small account, can I make it starting with $1000?

Thank you for any insight you can give.
    drzeep (AKA Wade)

drzeep@yahoo.com